Your favourite covers by Jrock/VK bands

Haha, yeah, that’s true~! I think their first album was songs full of vocaloid covers they did. I guess that song is the one I tend to like the most, lol.

1 Like

Whenever I think about covers this is the first one I think of:

I also really like this one from Kaya:

2 Likes
5 Likes

I actually really like the V-Rock Disney album! Especially:
Sadie - This is Halloween

Nightmare - never had a friend like me

6 Likes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb41eT5q26M
This song fits MUCC very well.

1 Like

This gives Loudness such new and fresh feel. Overall recommend checking out all Maki Oyama’s covers, especially those of Jrock/Jmetal classics :star_struck:

5 Likes

Very sure that I’m forgetting a lot of good stuff here, but I’ll update later if I ever remember it

This whole Anime Rocks series I like a lot. Also, a lot of bands that have been doing cover of Vocaloid songs (and a lot of Vocaloids have covered songs by vk bands too! Vkei is gr9 as in Vocaloid kei)

Anyway, the ones that came to mind:

I love SHIN’s covers but this one in particular… yum

This one was really cool

3 Likes

I always love dirus covers

8 Likes
1 Like

Honestly i was surprised by this. Fun fact. The entire single of Jinsei Game by Sick2 is Hatsune Miku covers and they are amazing. My fav is Moumoku Poem:

This is next one is an Amazing job on hajime for coving this amazing song by The 3rd Brithday. This is actually my second The 3rd brithday song believe it or not. Weird?

ARYU goes hard on this song. Love this coupling release.

4 Likes

These are some I remember really enjoying.

3 Likes

A personal favourite, this is a cover of the song yume bouken from Anime Sanjuushi, an anime from 1987. The original song is by Noriko Sakai.

Cover by Merry go round

4 Likes

Crystal Lake’s Rollin’
i am surprised no had mentioned this one till now

Castaway’s Cover of Katy Perry’s Roar
I love the fact that it reminds of the times when punk bands used to cover pop songs
(I still have zebraheads cover of spice girls wannabe on my phone to listen to it)

The Cards I Play covered Linkin Parks faint just some days ago

And Prompts cover of P.O.D’s Boom

@Total_Saikou mentioned already Nokuburas taylor swift

5 Likes

All the Covers Atsushi Did for THE MORTAL- I cannot begin to Express how much of a Genius he is in my eyes! :star_struck:

4 Likes

Of course, Can’t forget ISSAY as well! XD I already covered this in another post I made (which you should so check out) buuuut This song SLAPS, so imma post this here again: 井上陽水 - 開かずの踏切 - YouTube

Dir en grey covers

3 Likes

Anorexia nervosa is not visual kei but You must hear this…

2 Likes

If we’re counting YouTube vocal covers, I liked SHIN and Yu Hayashi’s version of Ado’s “Odo” a lot. I think it sounds cool as a duet, and it looked like they had a lot of fun.

Oh, I also love FABLED NUMBER’s completely unironic Justin Bieber cover.

1 Like

any cover done by unchain really they’re an amazing band! they really make their covers sound like their own if that makes sense
sheena ringo’s instinct

also

girls generation’s mr taxi
i was really surprised to find out it was a kpop song from 2011 after i first listened!!
(edit: i posted the same link twice LMFAO)

1 Like