DEVILOOF 3rd album "DYSTOPIA" announced

It’s almost December and they promised new music videos in November and December. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Remember how they dropped the music video for Dusky-Vision later than promised and never released one for Ruten? Yeah…

New video drops tomorrow at 9PM (JST), preview here~

6 Likes

Keisuke has cleans? What song?

Escape,hero=murderer, m.f jap,kodokushi, ruten, aishitekudasai(original ver) and he also duos with ray in dusky vision

4 Likes
11 Likes

I’m not impressed tbh.
It sounds heavily western-metal like, He dosnt playing around with His vocals really and it’s Overall kinda blunt for me.
Maybe it will grow in me after a few more listens

2 Likes

I felt this way about it too and it has me a little worried if the album is just gonna sound like western deathcore. Definitely wasn’t bad but I expect more creativity which is why I hate so many western metal bands.

2 Likes

So I guess that kinda confirms any expectations I had ever since I saw that new album art

We’ll see though, I’ll check it out as soon as Buck-Tick’s stream ends :face_with_monocle:

I thought it was a brutal song… deviloof signature. I’m already looking forward to my premium edition

1 Like

It’s nice and heavy but nothing really sticks out? My ear is trying to grab onto some kind of structure but it’s just kinda sliding off my brain. Maybe it’s because I’m not used to listening to heavier stuff, but it just sounds like a couple sections of only slightly different-sounding riffs without any kind of progression.

The extremely repetitive MV doesn’t do it any favors, everyone looks bored.

8 Likes

I like it. It’s nothing new though. I guess it was to be expected when they revealed the album cover. I hear the Purge in this song a bit. As Gilnyangi said, the video doesn’t do the song any favors. Maybe this song would have worked better with lyric video like Kaika

5 Likes

The first two minutes were great, then it kinda felt like they didn’t know what to do so the song became kinda aimless messing around without anything noteworthy (they bring back some of the tasty intensity at the very end but too little too late). Vocals were a bit of a letdown too, but maybe I’ve been listening to too many talented Western deathcore/metal vocalists lately, so it didn’t rly hit the spot here.

In any case, looking forward to the whole album.

5 Likes

Missed the mark by 15 years, catching up to the deathcore game. Their music in the last couple of years makes me feels absolutely nothing. I wanna like it, but it’s just so, flaccid.

1 Like

Y’all are crazy this shit is sick. Can’t wait to hear more of this album

Well, I wanted to like it and I don’t hate it per se… but it’s completely average, run of the mill western deathcore. And on top of that a completely uninspired PV. Vocals are so monotonous I think maybe I zoned out the first time for a bit. I’m not typically a fan of breakdowns so perhaps some bias there, too, I’ll admit. But overall, it’s just really missing something to make it interesting.

4 Likes

Damn man what’s with all the xenophobia towards western deathcore (which is fucking awesome BTW)?

Maybe it’s cause people want something different, instead of the same stuff that’s already been explored in the western scene? The older stuff of theirs that I’ve heard was more interesting, whereas this is just… honestly boring. It reminds me of shit I heard many years ago, tbh

1 Like

To each his own. I think western deathcore kicks ass like Oceano for example. Hardly sounds boring to me.

Oceano - Dark Prophecy - YouTube

I like it, was a little boring but each DEVILOOF album has had one or two songs that are little ehhhhhhhhhhh.

Sometimes bands make bad choices in promotional songs. I’ll wait for the album to drop before passing any judgement. Could just be this is the most generic song on the album, given a video as safe bet over any weirder shit they might have.
After all, NEWSPEAK dropped like 7 months ago and was really good.

5 Likes