NAZARE

this is like, 100% a guesswork headcanon based on nothing but i wouldn’t be surprised if it could’ve been something like this:

• NAZARE is a band
  • covid
  • paying rent as a band becomes impossible / future feasibility uncertain
  • call it disbanding for whatever label/etc reasons + no promises/contracts to fail
  • every1 ends up writing/recording on their own time bc why not
  • w/ things more sustainably reopening maybe they feel confident committing to 1 show + dropping whatever this album & its single are
  • leaves things open for just not continuing if poor results (as opposed to officially reuniting/disbanding again… messy lol) or continuing activities if things go well

idk that’s all complete fiction and speculation but personally i like not defaulting to scam/tricks/every1hatesevery1 when logistics in life direction could just as easily be occam’s razored

2 Likes

Seems like they really miss doing NAZARE but I wouldn’t hold my breath since Yoh is doing NAMELESS. Doubt they’ll come back full-time any time soon.

"I’m absolutely not going to quit NAMELESS or anything, so sorry for worrying you.

NAMELESS is my top priority band."

1 Like

Nazares disbandment was delayed by covid because they wanted to hold a final tour, most likely in that timeframe mio had already gotten better and started reconsidering his feelings towards quitting and now the band is in a sort of limbo state with yoh committed to nameless. This would make perfect sense unlike that bullshit theory about a publicity stunt.

3 Likes

Even if I prefer NAZARE to NAMELESS I still really enjoy NAMELESS and wouldn’t want them negatively impacted by this, it looks to me like they just need to clone Yoh and keep one of them in NAMELESS while the other one can be in the resurrected NAZARE.

If Yoh absolutely couldn’t continue in Nazare i feel like they could continue without him, issei looks like he has an eye for spotting talent.

1 Like

I’m not so sure about that. He composed a few songs and finding someone in visual kei who plays 8 string extreme metal is…not easy.

1 Like

Outsourcing could be solution.
But really, why come from the VK scene, he could try to get someone from outside the VK scene to join.
Although 8strings are not that common all over :thinking: it think

I still feel like Issei could find another like yoh, this may be random but i feel like satoshi(ex-D. I. D) could Play an 8 string.

2 Likes

The fact that somebody plays an 8-string doesn’t make them a better guitar player.

So looking for somebody who can play the sound that Issei envisions is totally doable.

4 Likes

100%, the first DIMLIM stuff was played on a 7 string and honestly i thought that sound was way more clear than any Nazare release and sounded just as brutal. 8 strings are not as common as 6 strings but they are pretty accessible these days so shouldnt be hard to find another guy who can play one. Haha. I have one ffs… lol.

1 Like

Yoh had a very unique and recognizable style of playing, namely his tapping/sweep picking stuff. I don’t think you can just replace him with some guy who plays an 8 string and still expect it to sound like NAZARE. If they do that they should just rename the band. Uta is the only replaceable member in the band in terms of playing, even in that situation he’s a great composer so it would be a huge loss.

Don’t forget fact that Uta made some cover arts for releases like Nemophila and …To be or no to be. It are kinda unique, i guess :laughing:

It’s not necessarily about that. It’s that the songs that NAZARE perform are designed to be played on an 8 string. Someone coming on board to potentially replace him would have to learn all of the songs they want to play as they were written before transposing them into a 7-string or a 6-string variant - and that may not always be possible. Part of the style of the sweeps and tapping that Yoh does ties into the range and versatility that 8 strings provide. The sound Issei imagines requires 8 strings and I don’t think that’s going to change. I think Issei would require the guitarist to move up to 8 strings before he compromises the band’s sound, especially since they only have one guitarist!

I agree but seems im the only one who doesnt seem to rate Yoh that highly. Hes obviously a good guitarist but most of his solos are very samey and just a bit messy sounding in my opinion. I wouldnt expect the band to start using 7 strings instead but was just saying i felt the sound on the DIMLIM stuff was way better. There are a lot of NAZARE songs i feel the muddiness of the guitar sound really does the riffs no justice so going to 7 strings so the riffs have more clarity would be better in my opinion. But yes thats my opinion and its not my band so they can do what they want. I still enjoy their stuff and this is only really a minor gripe tbh.

2 Likes

Just been checking online at getting the common era album and the “easter” single… does anyone else here have them? Are they worth the dollar?

I am big stan of Nazare so i think you shouldn’t rely on my opinion :smiley:
In my opinion, used Easter on Mercari is kinda overpriced and Common Era has 2 SE so in total you will get 8 new songs. As Stan, if you liked their previous releases, i think you wouldn’t be disappointed

1 Like

Album sure, single? No.

3 Likes

Im betting at least one song on the single is an SE as well??

Yeah, the single has an SE and 2 “new” songs which are Ticktack (from Mio’s solo YT channel) and Adolfism.IV. Adolfism.IV is good, but Ticktack needs to be remixed, remastered, and re-released in my opinion.

2 Likes