New band "DazzlingBAD" has formed

this is the exact kind of edgy shit I crave tbh, looking forward to seeing what this band does. fr couldn’t stop laughing about the title “pain’t” :joy:

1 Like

Yes. I think that’s fine tbh. Before transgenderism became more common, many men were either androgynous like David Bowie or just plain cross dressed but many of those men who like to cross dress as women are attracted to only women and identify as male. I think we need to remember that too!

8 Likes

True,
Whenever you are a straight guy, in my world they are allowed to love girl stuff too, to dress like a girl etc.

But I also do understand that it can be confusing for someone how to see someone.

3 Likes

I read that specific post as well. lol
I also know what genderless-kei is since genderless in this case could potentially mean just that: genderless-kei which is different from what people are used to in the west because genderless-kei is entirely different from being genderless as in gender neutral but
at the same time, iT also uses genderfree as one of the tags on their insta which is another word for gender neutral.
You can still identify as a man and still be genderless/gender free, mind you.
I don’t doubt that he’s a man, I know he is.
He mentions that he’s basically a man (his words as well) but that he’s not interested in things like gender nor gender role expectations/stereotypes. He’s not interested in gender, age, etc.
No one is calling them trans or anything, I know I haven’t and never would because I know he’s a man who happens to enjoy dressing as they see fit. Not as a woman but as themselves.
It’s a little hard to explain without really going in depth here but
basically, i’ll summarize the overall point: Clothing has no gender. That’s what genderless-kei tends to embody for the most part. It’s men who want to break gender role expectations / stereotypes, etc.
At least, that’s what I’ve heard/seen thus far.
Please correct me if I’m wrong!
By the way, using they/them pronouns doesn’t automatically equate to calling him trans though.
I’m only respecting the fact that he himself uses the words gender free and I’m going to assume genderless in this case could have potentially meant gender neutral although gender free already does the job although i’m somewhat certain it could have just meant genderless-kei lol
Anyway, iT’s beautiful and has a very interesting vocal range, they’re an interesting person and overall, I’m looking forward to DazzlingBAD’s future
I can’t wait :slight_smile: lol

5 Likes

I’m also intrigued and planning to check them out at their live event next month.

2 Likes

Don’t get what you guys are hype about is it just because they’re new? Sounds very average to bad musically. I truly miss the days of 12012, renter en soi, and unsraw so much.

If it weren’t for the chorus I definitely would not be interested in this band unless the vocalist improves his harsher vocals. Or if they actually made them audible. I wanna hear cleaner songs from them

1 Like

I’m just happy that it’s not a shitkei “this is the first time I opened garageband” type of band that used an iphone 7 to shoot their video in a church wearing $40 pink suits.
In the last ~3 years there wasn’t much newcomer band that delivered any kind if quality.

2 Likes

“I don’t see it as that special.”

Personally, I also don’t care about it

Sure…
And with this type of bands you also shouldn’t care.

Anyway, this March I will share an interview with them. Which made you love them more or you wanna throw some tomatoes to them :kissing_closed_eyes: so look forward to it!

2 Likes
7 Likes

I’m not really sure how to feel about them. I’m hating and loving it at the same time.

This one doesn’t do much for me, this is not the similarity to Yumeleep I was looking for lol

2 Likes

So far I love everything I’ve heard from them (first song and 2 demos), sounds unique to me at least and I really enjoy the haunting atmosphere as well as their aesthetic, especially that album cover.

2 Likes

Everyone is talking about Yumeleep and i’m over here getting Pseudo- Meji Vibes. I’m looking forward to more from them though Camera Obscura leave a bit to be desired. Also if you look at some of their offshot videos, iT sings while being filmed and it seems that his voice is not filtered? Maybe My Auditory perception is off but when watching the video his vocals sound a bit more louder.

3 Likes

You’re definitely right and I think someone earlier on mentioned that they started out playing sets of MEJIBRAY covers? I would quote them but the conversation got kinda lost on IT’s personal life so I’m not sure where it was lol. The harsh vocals have that same quality as early MEJ where it’s like… secretly really good but for some reason almost inaudible on most recordings… Still, I understand why the comparison to Yumeleep clean vocals overpowers this impression.

3 Likes

New looks have been revealed along with two demos !

5 Likes

These looks/demos revolve around the concepts “Dazzling” and “BAD”. Honestly, these songs don’t sound any different from each other, concept-wise. I was expecting a softer “Dazzling” ballad of sorts, and a harder “BAD” version. Idk. I’m really BAD at talking about music.

2 Likes

I didn’t think I could love this band any more than I do but I’m currently having a huge fan moment here :unicorn:∔゜
I haven’t felt this way in a while.

I love this band so much.
I can’t wait to hear more​:slight_smile::wilted_flower:

1 Like

The use of strings in 「錆色の海」 remind me faintly of Libravel’s Anarchy Parade off that last mini album.

These are both pretty decent though :slight_smile:

1 Like