New member here :P

Hi everyone! Don’t really know what to say about myself, so let’s just say I’m in my 20s and I’m from Spain :smiley:

I’m in this situation where I have known about vkei and listened to it since more than a decade ago, but I have never “deep dived” into it, so in truth I don’t really know a lot of bands. Pretty few to be honest xd

I learnt about vkei through the typical “coming across AMVs → start watching anime → getting into Japanese music” pipeline, I think the first vkei band I got into was X Japan, although nowadays I don’t listen to them that much anymore (a bit out of spite for Yoshiki trolling us with the non-existent album lol).

I have to say although I didn’t have an account, I used to lurk Monochrome Heaven sometimes. There was some really good music input there, but I have to confess my main interest was reading the tea and hot takes on band members. I didn’t even know like 80/90% of them, but it was so funny anyway xD

To wrap this up, my favorite vkei bands are Malice Mizer, Lareine, Schwarz Stein, ROUAGE, Dir En Grey and Kuroyume. Hope to get to know a lot more and see you around here ^^

14 Likes

Ahhh, incredible list of bands! Welcome, welcome!

1 Like

20230522_110134

Nice to see you made a account after all the time of lurking :laughing:

Well, the tanuki thread itself is also only available for members nowadays :wink: although from what I have seen no one adds anything new
And for important stuff we make new threads eitherway :person_shrugging:

Also, hit me up if you ever want to take a dive into the Metalcore corner :relieved:

Besides that if you want to make some exploration and need more and new music

You can take a dip here

Or how about the Best of JRO from last year
Available on Spotify or YouTube

1 Like

im a new user here as well, dont know how everything works around here. old school taste huh? props to you sir/mam !! Honestly I wish we have a discord where we can talk around vkei hehe

2 Likes

We do.

https://forum.jrockone.com/t/how-to-join-the-jrock-one-discord-server/116?u=zeus

Welcome! That’s some classics that you listed up there. I recommend checking the news section if you want to check out new releases / new formed bands. :slight_smile: