Petit Brabancon to release their debut album "Fetish" on August 31

We’re already familiar with OBEY, but here it is for completion’s sake:

…aaand more importantly, a new track!

3 Likes

Ruin of existence sounds weird and cool! I think the songs written by Antz will be the highlights of the album

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t know what to expect but based on just this short sample I’m more than interested to check his tunes (and yukihiro’s too, of course).

1 Like

Is this being released anywhere that doesnt require a proxy for overseas does anyone know? Would like a copy but cba with proxy nonsense.

It’s up for preorder on CDJapan (regular edition and two types of limited edition).

I think it’s the same type of limited edition though. As it’s a proxy item and they sell it in two online stores, it’s just a different store.

Ah okay, I just listed what I saw there (I don’t keep tabs on the limited-ed. differences).

Powerful vocals in this one!

4 Likes

The bass sounds so good in all these previews

5 Likes

It provides such a solid and warm low end while binding with the low mids of the guitars seamlessly. Both arrangement and mixing are serving the song very well here.

3 Likes

…aaand here is Yukihiro’s contribution! As expected, it sounds very electronic and kinda mellow.

5 Likes

Kind of gives me silent hill vibes, nice

I’m feeling a bit of the MARROW in this one. :smiley:

5 Likes
4 Likes

Loving the groove in this one! Feels more and more like this album’s gonna be a banger.

2 Likes

Maaaaan I’ve love everything so far. I’m really excited for this

2 Likes

This sounds different

3 Likes

TFW you live in the timeline where Kyo finally does his thing over something that sounds very TOOL-like.

Actually, most of these seem like the band is very much into 90s nu metal / alternative metal artists and wanted to put up a semi-tribute band of some sort.

2 Likes

You mean 2000s nu metal? :wink: haha

I meant more like Deftones’ Around the Fur, TOOL’s Ænima, and the SOAD self-titled (or uhm, Korn?) or something along the lines if I were to guess what did inspire them to do this.

But of course, knowing that they use much heavier guitars (drop G?), it may lean towards 2000s moreso - agree.

1 Like

yeah, pretty sure they’ve outright mentioned that this project is a love letter to nu-metal

1 Like