Plastic Tree self-titled album release

12 years later—So random lol, but definitely a fantastic song.

3 Likes

The song 「てふてふ」 from the album “ink” has been getting a lot of listens for some time now, including in the USA and France, and as a thank you the band has published a lyric video in English and French.

5 Likes

Why? Did it go viral on tiktok or sth? Otherwise that would be really random.

The song it’s the most played song on Spotify with almost 2 million plays.

They should come play it in Paris then :relieved:

1 Like

One of my favorite songs from them :two_hearts::sob:

Probably a case where people are looking for Kuuchuu Branco, which did go viral, and listening to the top tracks instead.

12 years later—So random lol, but definitely a fantastic song.

2 Likes

Those peoples all went to the fake account

2 Likes

Well, whoever owns the rights to the Chandelier album better get on that, then.

Reporting that shit. It must have been some young idiot who did it because he liked the music he found on tiktok.

4 Likes

So they decided to do this lyric video in reaction to the popularity of the song on Spotify. I’m curious how this song got popular. I mean, when heard this album it was clearly one of my favorite but I don’t know if there are rational explanations about this popularity on Spotify.

1 Like

@ombra I think it’s because it went viral on Tiktok some time after “Kuuchuu Balanço” did. Or so I’ve heard; I don’t follow Tiktok, myself.

1 Like

Definitely. I left Tiktok right before it had happened. Kuuchuu Buranko got semi-popular, and anyone who found the song interesting likely went to Spotify and listened to TefuTefu.

Who would have thought that out of all possibilities tiktok would be the one resurrecting classic vk bands and giving them their 5 minutes of fame in 2024?

4 Likes

I remember that a person “X” compiled videos as if in solo mode and used that song, there were only two videos with the song, I think people liked it because of the vibes, later it became massive🫢

I only hope the popularity of Tefu Tefu leads to them making more shoegazey tracks in the future

2 Likes

New fans voting for badly edited and old photos on lastfm… AAAAA guys help!

1 Like

TOWER RECORDS :sweat_smile:

KEEP THE HYPEEEEEEEEEEEE :rofl:

#PlasticTree

メジャーデビュー15周年メモリアルイヤーにリリースされた名盤「インク」収録曲'てふてふ'が話題に!

長い活動の中で、過去に発表された作品にこういう形でスポットが当たることも、リリックビデオ公開の粋な計らいも本当に素敵です。
新たな思い出ができました(・おこめつぶ・)/ https://t.co/SXQUL1MXQ6 pic.twitter.com/IKQ7IO79ia

— タワーレコード梅田NU茶屋町店 (@TOWER_NUchaya) July 10, 2024
5 Likes