Random thoughts thread

That feeling when drummer of your favourite band laughing at you because you’re scared to take the same train if vocalist of the other band will take it too, because we’re living at the same station :confounded: coughcoughautomodsgeneisacreepcoughcough

1 Like

what

WHAT

What??!!

This song and all it’s renditions is going to be in my wedding playlist

2 Likes

Don’t forget

2 Likes

I feel like @wing and I will show up in a pair whenever Priscilla Chen is mentioned LOL

1 Like

1 Like

I have mixed feelings about BALLISTIK BOYZ, but I like their new MV a lot. That guy with the long blonde hair looks like he’s really feeling it.

Sunada looks great too, and he’s the only member whose name and face I can remember from the last MV of theirs I saw, so that’s a point in its favour too. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Some guy on youtube talking about a “popular visual kei band breaks up and forms a new band” So I find out the “new” band is called “Sugar in the Closet” and the video “milk” . Still don’t know who these guys are. Even checked out their site and twitter- still dunno. Anyone know who these guys use to be?
SUGAR IN THE CLOSET

Vocal : Kai.
Guitar : yutori
Bass : Taku
Drum : Atsuki

Three of the members are from Pentagon and the vocalist is from TRNTY D:CODE.

1 Like

It’s so fucking hard to get art noticed on Twitter, I swear.

Post a dumb fucking tweet about some picture of Hzk I thought of in 30 seconds, 20+ RTs, 80ish likes, shitton of views.
Post art I spent an entire day working on… and 6 likes (and not many people even saw it, fuck you too twitter lol)

I know it’s just the way social media is now, but every now and then it ticks me off a bit. I swear, someone (definitely not me) could paint a fuckin’ new Mona Lisa and it’d still get ignored if the algorithm isn’t on their side that day. /dumbrant

Sorry, just had to add my $0.02. As people who dealt with Missy and the other crazies can tell you, the fandom back then definitely did not collectively ignore insane fans lol Hell, there was jrock_wank or whatever on Livejournal specifically for outing the crazy fans. Some of which certainly went sideways into serious harassment territory, unfortunately. So this thing with nancy is nothing new (not saying I agree with it)
And the last point, eh. VK is largely designed to instigate that. The issue is taking it directly to the bandmen and being hella gross directly to them, I would say? Only thing that changed is that now bandmen are much more easily accessible to the western fandom, really.

5 Likes

Are you making your way into Exile Tribe, Jr.Exile now?

I feel ya. If you’re not drawing anime tiddies, then no one bats an eye.

In all seriousness, it’s hard make a presence on social media if you’re not playing into the algorithm game. Making content based on the hottest tags will make you more noticed since that’s what everyone’s looking at. If you’re trying to make it on original content alone, it’ll be tough as your content won’t have as many trendy tags to daisy chain off of. And it will take time to generate a fan base as you’ll need to keep creating new content and have a somewhat steady posting cadence or moderate amount of interaction. Good luck to you though. I’m trying to grow my art account myself.

2 Likes

I wish you luck too! May the algorithm be in your favour lol
Best advice I’ve heard, regarding Twitter and art, is to not be afraid to RT or bump your art as much as you want to, and pinning an art post seems to help too.

1 Like

Since y’all are talking about social media I think it’s a great time to check in. It’s been three months and some change since I deactivated Facebook at about this time of night. I don’t miss it.

• I don’t miss the feeling of yelling into the void and getting a like or two back.
  • I don’t miss the need for constant validation from people I don’t really know.
  • I don’t miss the disappointment of reaching out to people only for them to never get back to me. I don’t expect immediate responses but if you leave me on read for a week and I follow up twice I’m gonna feel a type of way about it.
  • I don’t like the feeling of being alone together with other lonely people.
  • I don’t miss the constant psychic attacks disguised as “awareness” of every wrong thing happening in any corner of the globe every second.
  • I don’t miss the mob justice, witch hunt, cancel culture attitude that’s popped up where everyone devours each other alive in a race to ideological purity, but at the same time it doesn’t really matter because 90% of the people who get cancelled don’t stay cancelled and they bounce back arguably more successful than before. But for you or me, we have to be held to these impossible standards lest we get torn apart too. Food for thought: a future world leader probably has several social media accounts that one day will be used as blackmail against them during a campaign run and only then will people around that same age start thinking “Gee, this is a terrible idea that shit I said when I was 21 can come back to haunt me when I’m 56!”
  • I would like to say I don’t miss Facebook’s pervasive tracking, but Daddy Zuckerberg is probably reading and scanning this into his neural uplink now, so fuck you in advance. Your tool for bringing people together is only pushing people apart. Adjust the zipper on your skin suit.
  • I don’t miss the irrelevant fights over whatever sparked outrage on that particular day.
  • I don’t miss looking at pictures of other people’s lives through rose tinted glasses and feel like I’m missing out. How am I gonna reminisce over your experiences? Are you posting the pictures for yourself, or are you posting the pictures for us, or are you posting the pictures so you can keep up appearances? Either way, I don’t really care.
  • I don’t miss the ignorance and lukewarm hot takes shot from the hip disguised as wisdom.
  • I don’t miss the ambivalence of feeling torn about checking the site for updates but also hating how I feel while I scroll through the updates because I can’t help myself.
  • I don’t miss how everything in my feed had to be connected to politics, or religion, or both.
  • I don’t miss turning to page 394 of someone’s public private diary.
  • I don’t miss how activism was replaced with slacktivism and empathy was replaced with apathy.
  • I don’t miss how every action I did or didn’t take on that website was scrutinized, chopped up, and sold off to other people for profit and I get no say or cut in that exchange. If I generate the data, I deserve some of that money.
  • I don’t miss the ads disguised as status updates.
  • I don’t miss the status updates from people I don’t even fucking know.
  • The only game I ever used Facebook as a login for was Brave Frontier, and that game died, so I don’t even need it for that.
  • I don’t miss constantly having to be active unless I become irrelevant, but also at the same time trying not to become an Influencer because social media has turned people into inattentive zombies who outsource critical thinking to whichever Digital Idol they can stroke to that night. There’s no middle ground - either I’m in the thick of it or I’m under it. And I chose the third path - I A S C E N D E D and just left entirely.
  • I don’t miss getting barraged with private messages and groups from “family” about how I need their interpretation of God in my life, meanwhile half of them don’t even try to friend me on Facebook, call, or check up on me. Asking about me in a side conversation for ten seconds doesn’t count.
  • I don’t miss sitting there wondering where the optimism for social media circa 2008 went. When people actually wrote on my wall, or liked a post that was well-thought out, or responded to messages you sent. Facebook in particular feels like the site where everyone is and isn’t at the same time, because a lot of the time I’ll get the response that people are on Twitter/Instagram/Whatsapp instead…and two of those are owned by the same company! There was actually a brief period of time where I thought that social media could actually be something to bring people closer together…then they started focusing on making money over doing any genuine good for society so now the algorithm must promote relevant ads and things you might want to click on, watch, or follow. Anything to keep you on the site! Maybe some of this is me growing up and having new perspective, but I definitely do feel that the landscape of social media has shifted from one where I want to connect with people to one where I need to pick and choose what I consume carefully or I’ll get overwhelmed with other people’s emotions.

All that time I spent on that website has now been consumed with other things. Maybe I still spend too much time on Reddit, but honestly if you don’t use social media at all it’s incredibly hard to stay up to date on anything, whether it’s current events or hobbies. I have way less IRL social contact variety, but I’m trying to step up the frequency to compensate. I was gonna buy a house but that’s fallen through so I need to direct my energies elsewhere - but that was energy I had to direct to begin with!

Besides my dad, no one has even mentioned the fact that I’m gone off the website. No one. Which to me reinforces just how unimportant it really was. There are alternate ways to do 95% of the functions Facebook provides for you - you just have to commit to finding and using them. But that logic only extends to things that impact you. When it comes to contacting other people, you have to meet them where they’re at…and that’s usually Facebook. So in a way, I’ve tested a lot of people to see which people in my life take the time to keep up with me and know about what’s new and what I’m going through.

98% of the people failed. I have something big coming by February and it’s the kind of news where people will be happy to know and disappointed that they didn’t know sooner, when I don’t owe anyone an explanation for anything, especially if you don’t even orbit my life like that. It’s the kind of thing I would post on Facebook and get a lot of fake engagement about, but most of those people would never follow up to see if I needed anything.

All that social “interaction” that I had back when I signed up is gone now, and I’m sucking on the straw hoping there’s more juice in the juice box. There ain’t.

6 Likes

Nearly all of the reasons above are why I basically got rid of Facebook and only have one for messenger. I don’t post on there, change the profile picture and background occasionally, might like a band or something (followed the black metal band Abigail on there last year.) and I don’t follow anyone on twitter. As far as IG goes I’ll change my follow habits at random and might follow a band for a while especially when they’re about to release something or follow a bunch and unfollow the same day. The only people I follow consistently are Naoki Numahata and Fumio Sasaki who run minimalism.jp, Naoki posting once every 4-6 months and Fumio having never posted on IG, but has over 3k followers because he’s the father of Japanese Minimalism. I currently follow every account related to DIR EN GREY, sukekiyo, Petit Brabancon, and キズ, but that could literally change by tomorrow if I get a feeling to start from scratch minus those two I never get rid of. Social media is weird.

As a person who uses almost all of the popular social media apps (except tik tok and facebook) I madly can relate to this. I just stopped posting anything because I post it only for my friends, family and classmates which means that they know it already or everyone knows something that’s only for particular group of people. For example, I can post something that means something only for my family. Not everyone cares about everything that happens to me. They have their own life though.
I’m just writing some comments from time to time. I have a big problem with who I follow on instagram.
I follow actually everyone from the recommended posts in my homepage… I’m full of visual kei dudes I don’t even know and a bunch of decora and goth people.
I can’t say I stay much in any of these apps, I just check twitter for some new uploads from the gazette, kaneto juusei, meme pages and one or two interesting accounts and that’s it.
I’m sure if I just delete them from my phone I won’t miss anything. Especially everything related to um… funny people. Exept these random gems found on twitter and reddit probably…

Lol, I’m not sure what exactly that means, so I don’t think so? Is it like Johnny’s Juniors? :sweat_smile:

When it comes to the EXILE TRIBE stuff, I’m mainly just intrigued by THE RAMPAGE and Hiroomi Tosaka so far.

BALLISTIK BOYZ I’ve heard of because of a site I write for, so I’ve been kind of keeping an eye on them, but I think this is the first MV of theirs that I really like.

Andy from Depeche mode has died aged only 60😞 I’m shocked, so young…

New Rule: Along for the Pride | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO) - YouTube Not sure how this could trigger someone, but I’m not taking any chances in 2022. The following video pertains to the increase in people responding as LGBT in a poll and shows statistics how every generation since 1940 has seen a 50% increase in LGBT and goes onto to talk about the pitfalls and dangers with anyone under 18 transitioning, especially pre-teens and the linkage between social media and a “trans-trend” among the youth of America predominantly in, but not limited to blue states as I know several in Ohio. Viewer discretion is advised.