Random thoughts thread

Rarezhut actually got me to buy something from them with a really cheap birthday discount.

I turn my nose up when food places or other establishments offer such discounts, but some birthday Luna Sea??? Alright

2 Likes

I was so sleepy so when I read this for the first time I saw ラブホ (love hotel) instead of ブラホ (live house black hole)。。
Visual kei、as it is。

I feel like they might be barking up the wrong tree with visual kei. Like, barely anyone goes to see them in events but they had their first oneman not long ago and there were a lot of people you’d never expect to see at a VK live house (and who I’ve never seen at any other show). At least half the people were dudes. I mean there were only like 20 people, but that’s a very high ratio of dudes.

Doesn’t Deviloof have a high ratio of male fans too? Or am I thinking of someone else? Yeah they don’t need to be vk, but apparently according to that interview they’re not putting much stock in being labeled any genre so who knows. The debut album was definitely a vk album so maybe going forward they’ll get heavier and tone down the visuals (don’t really see Raika doing that but who knows) but the logo and artwork is definitely on the level of top deathcore bands.

October is probably my favorite month of the year. MLB playoffs, NPB playoffs, Autumn, it’s getting cooler and winter is coming not to mention black metal season. Reveling in the stages of grief Mets fans are having right now all the while kind of hoping that they come back and win and get stomped by the Dodgers. I’ve probably always enjoyed the post season since I’m both a Yankee and Dodger fan so the World Series is almost always a kick (we’re not going to talk about the recent playoff drought for the Bronx Bombers.).

4 Likes

I want to be careless and I want to have a lot of free time to change Twitter/insta/etc. user pic every day.

I wonder what Twitter suspended Ryutaro’s account over.

He pretty much just posts impending concert updates, cat pics, and foodstuffs, so I’m really struggling to figure out how the leap from those things to ‘breaking their ToS’ was made here lol

1 Like

Arisu has to be one of my favorite visual kei vocalists

1 Like

t h i c c

3 Likes

So yeah. I just accidentally bought 19cds from Mejibray for 3.999yen over buyee lmao.
Should read the next time haha.

1 Like

Never seen this legendary anime nor read the manga, but it’s so colorful, probably check out the remake.

1 Like

people are like “acephobia doesn’t exist, feminism isn’t necessary women complain too much” but I just saw a tweet in which someone said “in a country with laws that are fair and free of politically correct preconceived notions, a woman that reaches her 30th birthday and doesn’t have children because she doesn’t want to should be obliged to pay an income tax of 48% to compensate for the demographic harm” and IDK what else I should say to prove that we need more feminism and less acephobia tbh

3 Likes

Weird country. In America a woman that’s 30 who doesn’t wants kids is called a woman with a career, same with Japan and it’s declining birth rates.

I’m japan, if you’re in your 30 and without husband/children, they calls you 「あはは!早く結婚しなさいよ!もう若くないからね!笑笑笑笑」、even if you’re really busy with your career and living in the office without any chance to have a personal life.
Btw japanese hate feminism and when I tried to explain why it is necessary, their feedback is always something “you already have rights, you’re dumb? Get married already”.

1 Like

lol and a woman without a career can’t refuse to have kids? That’s hypocritical shit.

1 Like

Of course not.

Nope, cuz she needs a sponsor.

@xxxx Well, the guy who tweeted this is Portuguese. I am not Portuguese myself but I am pretty sure his opinion isn’t like … commonplace in Portugal and he is weird indeed but he did feel comfortable enough to share his opinion with the world, which frankly says more about the world at large than Europe lol.

In completely unrelated news (maybe tangentially related ??) I was listening to new music releases on my streaming service so I could distract myself while sigh working on a longass assignment sigh and this song popped up. So I was like “oh okay, some French woman singing bossa nova in French apparently but why have I been recommended this?” except said French woman was actually the lead singer in a new-wave-ish brazilian band (which I like) from the 80s? Apparently now she has a solo career in France or something but I was laughing my ass off because the voice sample in the beginning says “saudades da Bahia” and I am pretty sure she lived and worked like 900 miles away from Bahia lmao then towards the end there’s this random japanese voice sample and now I truly have no idea what I just listened to … is this what kids call seapunk

in even more unrelated news (maybe vitamins are making me hypomanic and) frozen pizza tastes perfect after 2 minutes on microwave + 2 minutes on airfryer