Random thoughts thread

I’m not much in to video games anymore but I’d love to work in the industry just to understand some of the decisions, Balan Wonderworld is such a mess that you wouldn’t believe someone with as much experience as Yuji Naka was behind it.

you can rest assured some old dude(s) in a suit with zero creativity and barely in touch with the process pushed for every bad decision which led to that mess. The devs had no choice but to follow orders. Usually how it goes.

Yeah I imagined corporate meddling had some influence as well as the corona virus issues but some of the problems are just baffling. It came from Square and whilst as a whole they’re good, when they mess up it tends to be really bad.

Even though I love his work on Sonic…it IS Yuji Naka though I don’t entirely blame him. This feels a bit like the Mighty No.9 situation all over again, I hate that he left SEGA but what can you do lol

I am half deaf in my right ear and to hear you have to speak to me in a firm voice with a slightly high tone! :heart: :kissing_heart:

I could talk and read about Mighty No.9 for hours! At least Balan was made with Square money and not fan donations

1 Like

For a few months I also tried to learn Japanese and it was exhausting. I especially mean the Japanese kanjis and their different readings.

Mhm, maybe I start it again sometime with duolingo, I heard a lot about it, is it good?

2 Likes

I think yes.
some of the tasks are so easy that you feel insulted though.
Duolingo doesn’t teach you kanjis just words with them. it won’t teach you things like the stroke order of kanjis.

1 Like

Haha okay, I see, then I’ll give it a try. :laughing:

1 Like

there’s a russian saying describing wolves as paramedics of the forest, and it’s about time we’ve started recognizing tanugya as the paramedics of visual kei.

if a petty thread on a scene bbs is enough to finish off not just one but three of ur beloved darlings ongoing projects there’s a bigger underlying problem with them all than catty e-girls talking shit, sowwee!

nothing personal, just nature healing itself.

1 Like

why does a 2021 videogame look like bubsy 3D and sonic 3D blast mashed together… why are japanese studios so hell-bent on pumping out that coveted AAA global hit on microsoft lunch money budgets…

So that’s why the wolves in masha and the bear live in an old ambulance car :thinking:

1 Like

Honestly I think it depends. For me it didn’t work at all, not for Japanese and not for other languages I tried to learn, either. I guess I’m old fashioned - I prefer learning through Genki and flashcards and copypaste study memos or even write them in a notebook. As someone who’s never had a lot of trouble learning in school maybe that’s a personal take. (odds are that I’d own one of those "studyblr"s or studying YT channels if I had been born 3 years later lol.)

1 Like

most probably!

if you’re russian you just sort of immediately get it, but I’m not sure if they go as far as explaining it in the lore.

1 Like

Today i have Cry half day my feeling are Exploded and i was really Nevrotic so i am gone away from home from 15:00 to 17:30 i needed to be alone a little with myself ! :heart: :kissing_heart:

OOF Bubsy 3D…didn’t some Chinese company buy out the rights to Bubsy? I could’ve sworn he has a new game called the woolies attack or something?

He does! The woolies strike back but the entire thing is questionable, it was regarded as a fairly bad 2D platformer, made in to a horrendous 3D platformer then brought back from the dead in to a average/bad 2D platformer, I guess the company just wanted to make money from it’s meme status.

1 Like

I can’t watch normal music videos anymore.
like there is no reason for Music Videos without beautiful clothes and makeup to exist. I don’t care how much budget they had for their video they look boring.

1 Like

@blossomingRuin I have seen the video Macabre of DIR EN GREY and i was very Speechless i Liked the whole video and i was Scared too but i have a Great stomach to digest the whole Scary video Macabre! :heart: :kissing_heart:

I was listening to atheism today and the beginning part where he goes MMMMEMMSPIIMEEEMEEMNNNUUUHHHHHNNNNNNMEEEHMMMNMNNNNMMMMNNNNHNNNNHNNNNNHMMNE is totally a mood but you cannot tell me that that part has any fuckin lyrics and gula is just…-REEEEEEE- HNNNNGGNMMDMMDMMMMMMMHMNNGRRRRRRRMNN -AAAAAAAAA- -pretty harmonizing followed by crazy drums- (mandatory -GODT IS DEADT-) -More HNNNGRUURRRRGHGGGURRRGHHHHHHHHHH- . Quit playing and come back to vk, you are truly missed.

3 Likes