Random thoughts thread

I would like to know what would 90’s diru + TDEP fusion sounds like.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Random Band Trivia (non-VK edition)

I’m a sucker for psychological thrillers and I watched the movie Burning yesterday and holy shit, the most intriguing movie I’ve ever seen. It felt like nothing was happening but at the same time so much shit was happening all the time. I was constantly wondering where the movie was going and trying to figure out what’s going on. I felt like a hacker trying to break through all the metaphors that the movie kept throwing in my face. I made my own theories about it along the way and after the movie was over I instantly ran over to Reddit to read other people’s theories like it was my job. 10/10, probably the most ambiguous movie I have ever seen.

1 Like

Yeah it really shouldn’t make a difference

If you’re super paranoid about it though, convert a file to FLAC, and do a null test against the original unconverted audio. If playing them together for the null test results in silence, the audio playback from each file is identical :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah :slight_smile: but the paranoia never ends sometimes haha

is VK fandom slowly losing its e̶s̶s̶e̶n̶c̶e soul?

1 Like

Nah, they just hang out on Melokei now.

3 Likes

Left girl is sexualizing Bandomen, that ain’t fine or ok nowadays apparently, that’s why you can’t find them anymore

Apparently vktwt really had a field trip a while ago if writing fanfictions with your favorite Bandomen is fine or not

@zeus not even Melokei got the fanfiction girls anymore

2 Likes

the ancient fandom form of art has been lost with neophytes…

1 Like

when no1curr vk band tries harsh vocals and it comes out like this ruining a perfectly passable song

*needs some reverb

3 Likes

when is super mario rpg gonna be available on nintendo switch online ;w; i wanna play that so bad

While watching ONE PIECE with my fam the other day and finally seeing Luffy go Gear 4th, it got me to thinking - why are transformations such a thing in Shounen anime, and why do they remain a compelling trope despite being overdone and exploited to death? (DBZ is a prime example).

Then I thought upon my own life, and it hit me: of course, anytime I’ve taken on a new challenge in my life and allowed myself to face the brunt of that challenge without getting in my own way, I’ve been positively transformed by that challenge, and I grew stronger as a result. Just like the Shounen protagonist that faces a new and more powerful enemy with each successive arc, he has to allow that challenge to transform him in order to overcome it.

The transformation trope is compelling because it reflects a deep and meaningful truth…It’s an artistic depiction of a pattern inherent in our very reality. Transformation is possible if we face our challenges with courage. Just like the Shounen protagonist that refuses to back down at the sight of the enemy.

This is also why you don’t see any popular Shounen anime with a coward for a protagonist. It simply would not make for a good story. Why? Because the protagonist would never go anywhere or do anything. He’d just continue to devolve into a weaker and more corrupt version of himself, never experiencing the transformation possible by uprightly facing life’s challenges.

Likewise in life, fear only stunts. It’s a growth killer. Imagine Goku refusing to train because he’s convinced himself that he can’t become stronger. Imagine Naruto scoffing at the thought of becoming Hokage, because he thinks he’ll always be a loner. Imagine Luffy never setting out to sea because he’s scared he’ll drown after eating a devil fruit.

They’d be like caterpillars refusing to enter into their cocoons. Never becoming what they could be.
That’s how a lot of us are. I’ve been there, too. And i understand the temptation to stay there. To refuse transformation.

But things are much more exciting and rewarding when you become friends with the progress of life, rather than cowering before it and desperately cleaving to your own, self-proclaimed status quo.

6 Likes

why yes, i’m an aficionado in japanese-osu-femboy-metal, millennial hipster jazz produced out of a basement, and your parent’s top 10, a.k.a that 20th century stuff trending on that chinese clock app you all like

also every now and then I listen to that disco music, except some anime girl yells “onii-chan” with a bunch of reverb and it somehow makes it better

1 Like

Accel World would like to have a word with you. He does man up and become That Guy by the end of the show, and it makes for an awesome transformation arc, but boy those first few eps are rough.

I just created an MP4 to MP3 converter. It works almost instantly without having to upload a video file. Feel free to use it to extract audio from video files. :sunglasses:

6 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes

He’s in his mumble rap era (and looks good while doing it)

2 Likes

How will be the tag for H.U.G band in lastfm ? help pls

the last mumblerap star… :sob:

1 Like