Random thoughts thread

Visual Kei’s biggest exposures to the western world in the past 5 years have been the Yoshiki scarf incident and those guys selling groping videos

1 Like

Feel myself uncomfortable knowing there are bunch of western fanboys who can’t into japanese culture of privacy, and stalking and messaging (and giving creepy stalker vibes…) random people because they are obsessed with their idea to find their idols… ughhh.

hi babes i’m drunk & listening to britney spears

6 Likes

womanizer slaps

2 Likes

Nazares Mio singing D.I.D. is something I meed desperately… Can i get a W. O. D. II NAZARE cover…? Amaryllis and Ira were unexpected, or maybe do atheism, Mio’s vocal style fits D. I. D. And it makes me miss akane even more. Come back to us king.

1 Like

handbrake isn’t gonna let me rip these pvs one by one so I ended up getting another program but it doesn’t separate by chapter, son of a Bitch

Just got out of the Leetspeak/ギル/Jiluka live yesterday. It was listed as “Rame’s birthday” live. I spent the whole two hours wracking my brain over who Rame was until they brought him out at the end and mentioned Vidoll. Oooh, that Rame.

1 Like

Why is Killua fighting Mikasa in the new death battle, she’s gonna kill him lmao. She can manipulate bioelectricity and use her esper powers to manipulate probability and law, like dude lmao. Why do anime characters need powers like that? On top of being immune to electricity…Lmao

I swore off DB after Link vs Cloud round 1 where they gave Link The Sauce and they gave Cloud…Fire and Thunder. Not even Fira and Thundara. Absolute jokes lmfao.

1 Like

I was doing some last minute cramming for an exam tomorrow and I decided to listen to a full Versailles album while cramming because of the upcoming single release, since I’ve only heard a handful of songs and I really liked them. And they’re one of the bands that got me into vk.

The album I listened to was Noble and It didn’t feel like I was studying for an exam while listening to it but that I was training for a duel against my mortal enemy to decide the fate of the word. Damn that album is soooooo good.

6 Likes

DB is just ludicrous now lmao

there’s something so disingenuous in VK scene suddenly giving female vocalists so many chances once babymetal raked in some nice touring cash and scored critical acclaim because every fucking band is literally 100 % identical power-metal/metalhead incel-kei which Hizaki etc outdid and did better, and babymotel themselves turned into a bunch of boring, uneventful tropes, aged out of their metalhead moe shtick

give us another hybrid zombies ffs give us literally some variety and some edge

i love oshare kei and i will not apologize for it

1 Like

Is it the VK scene thou? Or you mean the huge bunch of female metal bands?
Because if i am right, they started to appear more and more after babymetal became popular

it’s the recent wave of female fronted/mixed sex bands mingling with VK that caught my eye (which includes dazzlingbad… who probably have the most original take out of all of them), but I really don’t know how to feel if there’s actually more and more and more of the same

with japanese music it’s never easy to tell if this is legit rise in female musical self-expression, or the label ppl just sent jpop applicants some black lipstick and a lilac weave and told them to practice chords, esp. since

They are all guys, dazzlingbad has no female members from what i know about them
But yeah i understand those sus feelings about female bands XD

almost thirty years without a cavity ended today, pls everyone keep me in your thoughts

6 Likes

If you’re in the States you’re in for a good time, idk what drugs they give you but I love watching videos of people being high as a kite after going to the dentist.
Here they just give you a local anesthetic and you end up mumbling and maybe drooling for a few hours :frowning:

unfortunately those drugs are typically only for major surgeries lol, I’m quite sure they’re only going to give me local anesthetic as well - I got all four wisdom teeth pulled a few months ago & that’s all they gave me. And I was really looking forward to the drugs too!!

DazzleVision* probably. I get them confused everytime

I am not seeing too many female fronted bands in the VK scene. Maybe like 1-2 in a year and even then, they aren’t really captivating.

I see some metalxanime ones though but still not a lot every year. Maybe like a handful of note worthy ones.

All the other bands I follow are indie based, not too many with a major label push

1 Like