Random thoughts thread

Oh right, you wrote about it in this thread. I am reading through your post again and yeah… I have made the same experiences. Users who are happy to take whatever files they want from me, but don’t share anything back. Also users who previously had their library of rarities shared and then suddenly have an empty library… but still continue to dl several albums a day from me. I had to impose restrictions on people who don’t share anything, which I personally don’t like to since some people simply start with 0 files. But it’s become ridiculous.

Thankfully there are a few users left who are decent and share fairly and I usually thank them. It’s ok to not want to share some stuff, no one is owed anything. It’s also ok to share some files only per request or have them restricted. But it’s unfair to lock out everyone from your entire collection, which you never seem to share with anyone but your close circle of friends, and yet still expect to get everything for free.

2 Likes

Could someone from you explain SoulSeeker to me?
I tried it once But didn’t understood anything lol

I work with a guy that wears a hoodie with the slogan ‘Alpha Male’. I don’t really buy in to all that stuff but surely having to tell people you’re an alpha male means you’re not a alpha male?

1 Like

Send me a PM. It’s a bit much to type out here.

1 Like

My pets match

15 Likes

Last night i came across a kpop fan calling headbanging, a head twerk

11 Likes

intrusive shit living in my mind rent-free:

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 12.43.43
Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 12.45.59

(those are two different people, but for w/e reason they only exist in my brain paired together)

1 Like

f3b6eeaee16659ebd44eb451b5c047287c009be4_00

10 Likes

My mom always starts telling people to take vitamin D around this time of year (due to the lack of sunlight), which is all well and good, but she always insists of referring to it as just “D” or “the D”.

Like, she’ll say, “you look like you could use some D” or “you should take the D every day during the winter”.

I’ve been telling her for years that there’s another meaning to “the D” that people could take the wrong way so she should make sure to add the word “vitamin” in there, but she refuses to listen. :woman_facepalming:

15 Likes

Imagine hanging out with someone and they tell you to check out a band and show you one of their songs, you end up liking it and want to hear more so you ask them where you can find their music.

“You can’t, it’s not available anywhere, you should have been at their concerts, luckily I have all of their stuff though”

“But you just told me about them, I wasn’t aware of them when they had those concerts so I didn’t have that option, that’s cool you have it though, think you could shar-”

“No way of course not! If you like the band then support them don’t try to get their music for free.”

“I’d love to buy their music to help support them but they don’t give me that option…”

“Don’t worry, I’m sure you can find someone selling their CDs online if you really want to listen them, it’s usually just around $100 per song”

“…”

10 Likes

Which Band tho?

And also Wtf???

I could imagine in the days of old, where rare releases were online clout that could get you into some pretty exclusive “places”, that showing off/limiting release bitrate would be useful. Problem is, smaller bands shed awareness over time, and digital releases are mostly the norm. Sure, keeping releases in silence is all good-and-fine, especially if it was for a large investment/personal, but purposefully flaunting stuff without intent to share is a personality/gratification problem. Like why bring something like that up in the first place, haha.

3 Likes

I want to get back into writing, and finally publish my first book. Even if it’s not that big, or even that big of a success, but I suck at worldbuilding.

And I don’t know where to start.

2 Likes

THAT OPEN WORLD SONIC GAME IS LOOKING GORGEOUS, I CANNOT WAIT OMG IM FREAKING OUT OMFG TAKE MY MONEY

2 Likes

cried to an old galneryus live clip today :cry:

2 Likes

I have to confess… I’ve been religiously watching Hololive clips the past month-or-so o3o.

While I still feel uncomfortable with the parasocial aspect/ weird protective nature of the fans over the individuals, the idols themselves are quite talented. I think what made it click was the breadth of games that they cover from retro-titles to fan-creations, and also the variety of personalities. There’s also an interesting level of transparency you never get with J-idols, like actively mentioning “black companies” or mental health, etc. That being said, there is no way I’d be willing to nonchalantly throw $100+ superchats at the rate that those guys do with their oshi.

I REALLY hope that Sonic Frontiers is good. While I’m a bit worried it might turn out like one of those fan-made Unreal demos, honestly anything is better than what they’ve churned out the last couple of years (besides Mania and Generations.) I think kid-me would’ve fainted watching that trailer.

2 Likes

Which one? I love those boys

1 Like

Good job google, Yutaro is 3 people at once, or what?

2 Likes

Galneryus Silent Revelation LIVE FOR ALL LIVE FOR ONE - YouTube :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Ah, this is a good live :slightly_smiling_face: I still like what they put out, but I miss Yama-B. I got one of his first releases as Rekion the other day. Really wish he still released stuff more actively.

1 Like