Random thoughts thread

I used to joke about getting “One day I will fuck your parents” tattooed on myself but tbh I really would love to have that deep song lyric on my wrist so I can reflect on it… Like one of those WWJD bracelets

6 Likes

Nice to know I’m not alone. I love that quote.

2 Likes

SONIC FANS ARE EATING GOOD RN, THAT MOVIE TRAILER LOOKS SO AMAZING, SONIC AND TAILS LOOK SO CUTE, I AM DYING OMG

4 Likes

I was at work and for some reason i remembered that DEZERT had a live dvd that they’d finished filming but scrapped it due to キラ leaving the band… And how “ain’t shit” they are for not giving us 嘔吐のすゝめ-2-。(im obviously exaggerating but god DAMN WHY DIDN’T WE GET THIS AND STILL GOT THE TSUIOKU SINGLE??!) I wished i had saved the trailer for it, what was shown was absolutely insane.

Downloading a five disc DVD box in ISO only to discover that audio and video are messed up

3 Likes

Download for people no have money for support the Band … When see Band disband why still stealing the money a#$&

1 Like

Hey Posers •~•

1 Like

Was trolling old music blogs for album downloads, and found an old-ass copy of Plastic Tree’s Ink with the Monochrome Heaven URL as its password :laughing: thanks whoever uploaded that, on the off-chance you’re still hanging around here

1 Like

Probably the best intro i ever Heard hahahaha.

2 Likes

Since it is now December 13 where I live - Happy Birthday to the most legendary J-Rocker to have ever walked on this planet

Hide would be turning 57 now if he were still with us…

7 Likes

portrait of locals sleeping on UNDER FALL JUSTICE after complaining that their nagoya-kei cravings got xtra fucking severe:

1_co2xRcgHoAoVFXPGPkWV8Q

6 Likes

I wish I didn’t have a weird music complex, but whenever people who listen to rap complain about VK sounding the same I always lose my shit.

Wanna talk about music sounding the fucking same?! My God, all rap takes these days is 5 notes, they can even be totally dissonant or literally just E->A->D->G->B, slap a trap snare over it, and mumble a bunch of words and you’re fucking done. Like just go “Huh, what? Yeah, no…? Um, yeah, yuh, nuh, wha…?” And that’s it!!!

Do you know why VK sounds the same? Because there are cliched chord progressions and inter-musicality that pervade the whole sub-culture… Chord progressions?! CHORD PROGRESSIONS?! LOTS OF RAP SONGS ONLY HAVE 2 OR NONE AT ALL, SO DON’T YOU TELL ME YOU DON’T LIKE HEARING 4 SIMILAR ONES YOU–

4 Likes

I like listening to lyrical rap, so I avoid all that NyQuil-fueled xanny-fumbling mumble rap that you’re describing. It’s best explained to someone who is aware enough to describe what they like about rap music so that you can point them in the direction of rock music that might interest them. Even the biggest rap heads in my circle appreciate a bit of metalcore here and there. I might never get one of them into visual kei, but I can get them into the waters.

If they can’t articulate what they like, then they just listen to whatever without putting too much thought into it, and they probably never will put that much thought into it. So when they say something ignorant like that, I already know nothing I say will change their mind because they just aren’t as interested in music as I am. They like whatever they’re told to like essentially. Put on a bop from five years ago and they probably won’t even remember it unless it’s an artist they orbit. Ask them to say a lyric or a bar from a song they listen to and they probably can’t. What people look for in music differ, but I can tell you from experience that some people don’t look all that hard.

5 Likes

VK has a problem with same-sounding music tropes, particularly with singles making it through 20 bands after Luna Sea wrote the blueprint on their 1982 pre-formation demo-tape tossed around in the live houses…but no one outside of the scene would even know about it.

I also lowkey don’t care what people whose dominant listening genre is rap have to say about any other type of music…

2 Likes

the captcha knows :flushed:

12 Likes

If yall don’t stop hatin’ on hip-hop!!! Comparing VK to hip hop is silly, it’s apples and oranges! :joy:

8 Likes

Kaya def is a Big L fan :100::100::100::100::100:
I just know

I blacked out last night and woke up this morning a D fan. I’m shocked but totally ok with this

1 Like

So which one is apples and which one is oranges? Because oranges are objectively the superior fruit.

2 Likes

Oh wow, this apple slander. Apples > oranges, by a very wide margin. Even the lamer varieties of apples like gala.

3 Likes