sukekiyo

As a single release it’s not too different from Anima.

That’s why “audio&video collection” thing is bullshit, and Salus is just that (while Anima was promoted as maxi-single iirc).

3 Likes

Damn, Creeper is catchy af. Like how Mika gets more agressive at the end.

3 Likes

With every new release, I love this band more.

1 Like

People been sleeping on Mika since the RES days. He’s a beast.

5 Likes

To be fair, maybe it’s the problem with mixing, but I prefer how he sounds in these live recordings. Like, I didn’t even knew there was double bass part in Koumo chigau mono nano ka, yousuruni until I watched Giji Drippin footage.

10:47, to be exact.

It’s always been about the mixing. With RES a majority of their recordings sounded amateur at best, and with Sukekiyo there’s the issue of balancing all the wacky layers happening at once. Also Tue Madsen, though I’m not sure if he worked on Infinitum or not.

Edit: Going back and listening to the studio version, the double bass isn’t there at all. Mika added it for the live performance.

Oh, is that so? Well, that is interesting… and sad, because that short snippet is the only live footage of Koumo (I think?).

And yes, discogs.com states that Tue Madsen worked on Infinitum.

Yeah, I’ve noticed a few subtle changes in the live versions of the tracks. Like the bass for Kugui changes a bit live and I absolutely love it more than the studio version.

have some stupid lip-synched performance of Candis

1 Like

Yuchi’s shoes make me quiver.

Feels to me like they’re riffing on the old 80s music show concept.

wasn’t sure if this should go here, random thoughts, or the hot takes thread, but

Vandal from IMMORTALIS is just Hydra 665.

thank you for your time.

3 Likes

I hate you, because you’re right.

2 Likes

I cant remember which song it is of the top of my head but theres one track on that album which is basically “inward scream” the song. Haha.

Reiketsu Nariseba?

prob Uuyuu no sora

2 Likes

Yes, just had a look and thats the one indeed.

This song is a kind of average filler track on the album but is An Experience when played live.

See the below video from Persuasio (Uyuu No Sora starts at 7:22).

3 Likes