Visual Kei in other media

Shina also performed in the singing competition on the tv show last year 笑
I was at work at that moment and watched tv with my patients during the lunch. And then I saw our local celebrity wtffff :sob::sob::sob::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

4 Likes

Back in 2011 GACKT had a collab with KFC and he even got a special menu to promote his world tour with YELLOW FRIED CHICKENz, as well as many other goods with the brand. Apparently, those were even available in the USA and Europe

5 Likes

Back at it with another finding! This time from a 2007 photo book entitled The Tokyo Look Book: Stylish to Spectacular, Goth to Gyaru, Sidewalk to Catwalk written by Philomena Keet with photography by Yuri Manabe.

The following photos can be found in the second chapter entitled “Spectacular and Subcultural” in which a few younglings are cosplaying their favorite musicians as well as an interview with Mana-sama.

10 Likes

Just remembered this gem, LOL

4 Likes

On 2013-08-31, to celebrate the release of D’s first single after their second major debut, they released an app called VAMPIRE SAGA -Bara no Houkan- (VAMPIRE SAGA -薔薇の宝冠-), which was a horror card game. Type D of the Rosenstrauss single even came with 1 random rare character download card for it. It used to be avaliable only for iOS in this link, but has been discontinued. All that remains are these screenshots

5 Likes

emo music artist Rebzyyx uses an old picture of Miyavi for his Spotify page. Rebzyyx, who is actually a Hispanic male, tends to use old pictures of emos and other people’s art likely taken off old emo Myspace pages for album artwork.

3 Likes

Motochika from the Samurai Warriors/Sengoku Musou games always gave me visual kei vibes. In fact, I think I read somewhere that this was intentional, but I could be wrong. He has the look, uses sound waves from his shamisen in battle, and his image song, “Kanade”, sounds vk to me (it’s an absolute bop too imo).

4 Likes

He kinda looks like HITT and the song reminds me of GACKT.

1 Like

Since we’re talking about samurai video games, take a look at Hanbei (Takenaka) Shigeharu’s portrayal in Sengoku Basara

(Sorry for the low quality images)
images (2)
images (1)
images
images (3)

2 Likes