What are you watching?

What are you currently watching? :smiley:
Anime, drama series, netlflix etc

I’m currently watching Noblesse (webtoon, turned into an anime)

and Jujutsu Kaisen

6 Likes

I’m also watching both! As well as Black Clover, Digimon reboot, Attack on Titans, Tonikawa - over the moon for you - this season. Lots of shows coming out next year, can’t wait ^^

1 Like

Currently still working my way through Demon Slayers. I’m really enjoying the show so far! I’m also catching up with Fruits Basket and its second season. The comedy is hilarious, and I love the dynamic between Tohru, Kyo, and Yuki.

4 Likes

Ah Fruits Basket! My fav show this year!!! It’s so good, so emotional, hilarous at the same time, so touching. I love it a lot! Can’t wait for season 3. I also love the dynamic between those 3 :slight_smile: Love those kind of anime a lot!

1 Like

I’m watching Asobi Asobase, BNA, Jujutsu Kaisen (the fights scenes are so well choreographed!!), Attack on Titan Final Season and Hunter x Hunter.

Eagerly waiting for Promised Neverland and Dr Stone in January 2021.

In terms of live action series I’m working through Umbrella Academy season 2 and His Dark Materials season 2.

1 Like

Yeah, me too! The raw emotions from each character are fantastic to witness, and it doesn’t shy away from the well-timed comedy. I’m happy to see that they’re going to animate the whole manga 'cause the story and the characters are all so good!

Do you know when season 3 will be happening?

2 Likes

Oh yeah, and how the characters evolving, especially Yuki, his dark past OMG. and there’s a big surprise at the end of Season 2, it’s shocking, I won’t spoil anything, it changes everything. Season 3 is confirmed, and happening in 2021. I have a membership on Crunchyroll and follow the news, I’ll tell you when there’s a date, but I guess it’s gonna be either Spring season or Summer, depending on Covid.

2 Likes

Finished the first half of TENET last night before I decided to turn it off because halfway in the movie I was still just as confused as when I first started it.

Due to the holidays, I’ve been watching a Christmas horror movie every day, starting Dec. 1st. So far I’ve watched:
Black Christmas (2019) - 2/10
Christmas Presence (2018) - 3/10
All the Creatures Were Stirring (2018) - 4/10
Rare Exports (2010) - 7/10
Black Christmas (1974) - 5/10
A Christmas Horror Story (2015) - 4/10
Body (2014) - 3/10
Krampus (2015) - 7/10
Jack Frost (1997) - 2/10
Anna and the Apocalypse (2017) - 8/10
The Children (2008) - 6/10
Christmas Evil (1980) - 7/10
Game Over (1989) - 7/10
Santa’s Slay (2005) - 7/10
A Christmas Carol (2019) - 7/10
Pooka! (2018) - 6/10
A Nasty Piece of Work (2019) - 7/10

Only one week to go!

3 Likes

I watched two more Christmas horror movies … or one and a half. I had to give up on one because a half-hour in and I knew it wasn’t going to get any better.

Once Upon a Time at Christmas (2017) - 1/10 - AWFUL movie. The dialogue made no sense, the acting was horrible (probably partially due to the dialogue making no sense) and to make matters worse … there was CGI blood. They paid someone to implement computer graphics as blood squirts when KETCHUP EXISTS!
Lake Alice (2018) - 4/10 - The first half wasn’t bad, setting up character motivations and the more familial interactions were decent, but ultimately the ending was predictable and the sound editing was pretty horrid all around.

3 Likes

Currently rewatching Inuyasha. At least the first couple seasons that Funimation has streaming. My boyfriend’s never watched it and I wanna recap before going into the new series.

4 Likes

Just started watching Zombie detective

Man it’s good as there are also comedy parts in it!

I’m watching Golden Kamuy (I’d like to know if their ainu depiction is stereotypical or not lol) and Junji Ito’s Collection on Crunchyroll… The second one is actually scary, I never thought I’d say that about an anime lol

1 Like

@fefelipar - I love Junji Ito’s manga, but the art style and animation from the anime couldn’t quite capture the feel of the manga for me. If you haven’t read his stuff yet, I highly recommend it.

Today’s Christmas horror movie wasn’t very much of a Christmas movie unfortunately. Sheitan (2006) is a French oddity that just happens to take place on Christmas Eve. Overly sexual and attempting to be humorous, the film just comes off as try-hard and a rehash on hillbilly horror. 3/10

2 Likes

Just finished this one. Delicious ~~~

The Mandalorian. Just finished S02E03.
Hubby’s got to explain a bunch of things to me since I’ve only seen Episode 3 and another one at the movies (which for the life of me I can’t remember a thing).

I’d like to know what you thought of these. I like old horror (such as the Hammer movies) but I still have lots to watch.

Junji Ito’s Collection, it really only captured one fraction of the horror his works can make you feel. Imo, they should never try to animate his works again, but I know they’re making an adaptation of Uzumaki. No hopes for that one, but I’ll still check it out.

5 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. His works just don’t translate off the page. There was also a Gyo adaptation that was pretty mediocre. And of course a few live-action adaptations for Uzumaki and Tomie.

1 Like