What are you watching?

What I’m excited to see is Godzilla vs. Kong. What can be more fun than giant lizard and monkey kicking each other asses. What really bothers me is the fact that it’s directed by Death Note(2017) director. Literally the worst movie I’ve ever watched… so fucking painful.

Please don’t let that deter you from the movie. Adam Wingard is a really good director. It wasn’t his fault he had a shit script to direct … You’re Next and The Guest are fantastic films, as is his part in V/H/S.

2 Likes

I hope so, but that movie was failure in EVERYTHING. I’m rarely criticizing something, but I just couldn’t believe that it’s possible to do something that bad to such a cult as DN is. Fucking disgrace.

Thank you for recommendations, I will watch those. And as I said I’m really excited about Godzilla vs. Kong no matter what.:wink:

Oh yeah, I agree that Death Note was hot garbage, except for casting Willem Dafoe as Ryuk.

1 Like

Wtf, I didn’t even know that Dafoe was in the cast.:upside_down_face: Yes, I agree that this is probably one and only positive thing about that so-called film.

Haha, I see. I never listened to Imagine Dragons, so I had no idea it was from them. I’ll keep watching Sweet Home till the end because I quite like it so far. It’s the first time that I have watched a Korean horror series. Well, I totally agree that Alice in Borderland was so good. I can’t really wait for the next season.

If you find yourself liking Korean horror, I very much recommend Kingdom!

1 Like

I only know of them from commercials and I guess the song that’s featured constantly in the show is the theme for some League of Legends tournament. This is of note because LoL is HUGE in South Korea. I was wondering if maybe this was a licensing issue between countries (for instance, Terrace House uses different music in their Japanese airings than the ones in the US), but after doing some searching, even the Korean viewers are complaining about the over abundance of “WE ARE THE WARRRRRIORS THAT BUILT THIS TOWN.”

1 Like

Anime : Jujutsu Kaisen and Beastars !

And I started Kidding, a Showtime TV-show with Jim Carrey

Currently watching Legend of Korra. It is finally on netflix for us Canadians. A bit of a bore at the moment after the first episode, I didn’t really like the focus on that one game.

Then I noticed there is an animated story of Pacific Rim, Pacific Rim: The Black. This one was actually great, lots of good action, pacing is tight and the story nicely carries over the lore from the films. Binged it in one night.

Finished Wandavision… pretty decent… funny how I didn’t realize it was one of the Olsen girls until now lol

I’ve been watching Shadowhunters on Netflix recently. I’ve never read the books, but I was curious about it because I’m a bit of a sucker for the dark fantasy YA novel aesthetic, and I’d heard some parts of it were filmed around where I live.

I thought it was too goofy the first time I tried to watch it, but I was kind of half paying attention during the first few episodes this time while I was doing some work, and it ended up growing on me as I got a bit further in.

The guy that plays Alec is easily the hottest one, IMO, but his performance feels so wooden. Like, I don’t know if that’s just because the character is supposed to be super repressed or what, but it’s kind of jarring that he has all these big dramatic moments but he just looks kinda dazed and confused most of the time.

The whole thing is wooden since most of the cast is inexperienced (as far as I remember). It makes the guy that plays Magnus feel like he’s overacting, but nah, he’s just got nothing to work with from the others. Don’t even get me started on Clary. Alec is eye candy, okay. But Simon? Perfect casting.

That would explain some things. Yeah, the guy that plays Magnus is definitely the one going the hardest. If he wasn’t putting so much effort in, the scenes with him and Alec would fall so flat.

It’s unfortunate, because their relationship has kind of a refreshing dynamic.

Alec does deliver great broody eye candy though. Lol, it was pretty clear why they picked that guy after the scene where he’s training shirtless.

I definitely agree about Simon - they found a guy that was just the right balance of awkward and cute for the eternal friendzone role. :sweat_smile:

I think the actor for Jace is okay. Not really my type visually, but he’s good at those super dramatic, teary-eyed close-up faces. Clary is pretty brutal though.

The Magnus and Alec scenes save the series, especially later on. Maybe the acting gets better in S2, I can’t confirm because I remember almost nothing from it lol. I just really disliked what they were doing with one of the main villains from S2/S3 onwards so didn’t bother to carry on watching.

Jace actor, he’s pretty and does have expressive eyes but he doesn’t give me enough Jaceness, he really lacks the douchebag factor :tm: . Whereas I would punch book Jace to death if I could, series Jace is kind of a sweet guy. Oh and then, there’s Alec’s sister who’s really hot and somewhat more interesting than Clary.

Simon didn’t deserve to be treated like this. :sob:

Yeah, even with the sketchy acting, some of the Magnus and Alec scenes are really sweet. I do think Alec improved a bit in the second season. It’s mainly the first season where he just kind of stands there awkwardly like a cardboard cutout while Magnus tries to yank a personality out of him. His acting in the part where the demon takes a memory and reveals to everyone that he’s in love with Jace around the beginning of the first season is just atrocious. It’s seems like it’s supposed to be such a big moment, but there’s no impact to it at all.

Ah, maybe it’s because I’ve never read the books. I thought Jace was just supposed to be like a nice, kind of basic hero guy that’s a bit overconfident. He does come off kind of douchey in the scenes with Simon, but yeah, overall, in the first season he seems like he’s just a good guy doing all the right things.

Yeah, Isabelle is really pretty and she does have more personality than Clary. It’s too bad that she just seems to end up on the sidelines most of the time.

Lol, I know what you mean. She friendzoned Simon so hard, and so many times too! :joy:

I’ll try to watch all of Godzilla’s movies. From the Showa era to Shin Godzilla.
I’ll try one movie per day if my schedule allows me.
I’ve already watched the 1954 og and it’s awesome, excited for some more Kaiju madness

Been watching True Beauty kdrama~ It’s a nice romance story.

And mostly looking forward to watch this in april~~!

1 Like

Ooh, I haven’t read the manga, but I’ve heard it’s funny. I will watch the crap out of that!

1 Like

I have submitted to the Disney overlords and subscribed

Gonna start the WandaVision thing and then the falcon and the winter soldier after

1 Like