What video games are you playing?

Me Friday :expressionless:

5 Likes

I’m about 1/3 of the way through Dragon Age II at the moment. It’s not bad, but somehow almost everything feels like a downgrade from Origins in terms of quality.

The combat isn’t as challenging, items are too easy to get, and the camera angles are really frustrating. They also made the elves less hot, which may be the worst downgrade of all. Although, against all odds, Fenris is somehow still the hottest love interest.

The male love interests are somehow even angstier than before, which does fit my aesthetic tbh, but I feel like the characters are missing some of the balance and subtlety that made the ones from Origins so charming.

Like, it went from “I feel like I’m always expected to be someone I’m not, so I deflect with humour so people don’t get too close” to “I literally have a separate entity inside me that could murder everyone at any moment if I lose control” and from “I’m basically an escaped slave, but I should be dead now and I’m not so life is pretty good” to “I’m literally an escaped slave, and I have both amnesia and full-body magic tattoos that hurt whenever I’m touched, so life still sucks”.

The one major positive change I’ve noticed is that you can dodge some physical attacks in II, so an enemy can’t punch you from like six feet across the room and still somehow do damage. Which is helpful, since I’m playing as a mage again and I’m quite fragile. :sweat_smile:

Wrapping up Vagrant Story on the PS1

vagrantstory_image_gB26S

I had never played past like the first hour and I wish I had played through it sooner. Combat is very unique and incredibly deep (if not tedious), the graphics are some of the best on the platform and the music is top notch. The story, though, is what really captivated me to keep playing. It’s so good even by today’s standards. Still got a few areas to complete before the end but this is an underrated (yet flawed) gem for sure.

5 Likes

King of Fighters XV!!!

1 Like

Picked up a copy of Echo Night. It’s pretty creepy and atmospheric especially for a PS1 title. At the end of the day it’s like the modern day “walking simulator”, but the mystery in the story and the graphics have a charm about it.

tumblr_ab177ec06f0e36ea8ef744d4e1f4fdd0_69764cef_500

2 Likes

Testing my I.Q. with Intelligent Qube

63fd047345310bdb2b727a7ff04c9a4f

Such a classic, way ahead of it’s time.

For sure. I don’t think I’ve played a game quite like this even till this day. The flaws (like clunky menus. long loads and that damned item box) I think were due to the limitations of the PS1 hardware. If Vagrant Story ever got a remake or remaster I think these shortcomings could be addressed and it would be even more perfect.

Like many others I’ve been losing myself in Elden Ring. I also have Destiny 2 and FFXIV to play but… I keep loading Elden Ring instead :joy: Gotta fight Radahn soon, wish me luck.

6 Likes

I just beat him today after realizing I can summon Torrent during the battle and keeping my distance. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Played through Brave Fencer Musashi recently and it holds up pretty well. Still had a blast beating all the bosses and completing platforming challenges. And it’s actually impressive how many puzzles/fights the developers were able to design to utilize all the abilities you end up gaining. A lot of games nowadays seem to give you a lot of new powers, but you never really need to use them all to get through the game.

2 Likes

I got rekt right after the fight started a few times but I eventually got him lol

Started Vandal Hearts 2 for the first time. Never really played these kind of tactical rpgs before but it’s pretty fun. Both sides move at the same time so it makes for some interesting scenarios where you have to anticipate your opponent’s move. And the portait art is pretty great, especially for the time!

Vandal Hearts II-3

1 Like

Tunic came out on gamepass so I started it last weekend. This might be one of my favorite games this generation. It wears its Zelda inspiration proudly on its sleeve while moving the genre forward. From learning about game mechanics to exploration, everything has to be uncovered through discovery. It’s like solving a puzzle piece by piece. The music being done by Lifeformed is, of course, superb and makes running around the world that much more enjoyable.

FPE4rn4VgAUuJmf

I am playing Orc Must Die! 3. It is realy fun and returns me to my childhood days with it’s graphic.

1 Like

Nearly done with Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart. First time dipping my toes into the series and it’s a good time. The voice acting is top tier and so memorable.

I’m playing Final Fantasy 14 mostly! If someone plays too feel free to add me!
Also playing dead by dayligh and leauge of legends
sometimes fall guys and imvu
and otome games too

2 Likes

Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania & PowerWash Simulator

1 Like

Brain is currently infected by this. I’m really enjoying Lost Judgment.

1 Like

I’d love to add you! what server and data center are you on?