What video games are you playing?

Finally purchased “What the Golf?” a week ago and just wrapped up hundred-percenting it and all new content today. Absolutely absurd, but a really fun pick-me-up at the end of a workday. Kind of wish I didn’t play through it as quickly as I did, though.

3 Likes

I have been replaying ALL of the 3D Sonic games in honor of sonic frontiers releasing Tuesday. Playing through Lost World and Forces was a draining task.

1 Like

Playing Valkyrie Elysium. It’s a farcry from the Valkyrie Profile series, but the combat is actually pretty fun. Music is surprisingly pretty good as well.

2 Likes

I’m switching between Valkyrie Elysium and Fatal Frame III: The Tormented for a change of pace. I’m about halfway through and this might be the scariest in the series for me so far. It’s at least tied with FF1.

The series has always had excellent atmosphere but they knocked it up a notch for this entry. Not everything is out to kill you, and because of that the game has been keeping me on my toes.

3 Likes

Been playing Cyberpunk 2077 again. Hope to finish it this time around!

3 Likes

Sorry i forgot to reply that message ;-; I’m playing in Light/Phoenix. Charissa Blackburn is my name atm :3 (could be change later)

Playing Stranger of Paradise right now and enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. Make me menu dive excessively on a synth and I’m out, but in a game? Inject it right into my veins

2 Likes

I am replaying Resident Evil 4 with the hd project mod.

2 Likes

Black Friday sales are happening already so I’m juggling four games instead of two now :frowning: whoops.

I started Pokemon Scarlet yesterday and immediately put it on the backburner. It’s hard to say if Game Freak will actually patch it given how much backlash it’s getting in Japan and internationally, but the performance is astonishingly bad. I only played the first hour of it yesterday, everything about it is janky, and anything involving a menu or animation takes forever. That last part is what really killed it for me; the game is so arbitrarily padded by simply being slow as fuck, and it’s hard to be patient when I have a bunch of other stuff I could be playing.

I’ll go back to it when it’s fixed, or when I have less good stuff to play. I unfortunately enjoy the competitive team-building in Pokemon, so I still want to go through the game to get to that point.

also yeah “pokemon fans bring it on themselves by buying unpolished alpha builds presented as AAA games” etc. etc. i know :clown_face:

I just finished up A Plague Tale: Requiem and, wow, what a doozy. The story left me with some raw emotions. Not perfect, but definitely memorable.

Graphically, the game looks amazing. It’s a huge leap up from the first game and a lot of areas had me just staring.

Gameplay can be repetitive and, honestly, kind of frustrating, but overall it’s decent. They make you fight so much though.

In the end, glad it’s a journey I took.

1 Like

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe mostly

also started playing A Boy and His Blob, pretty cute game

3 Likes

Finished playing Signalis tonight. Absolutely amazing indie survival horror title. The presentation is atmospheric, stylish, and incredibly polished. The story was surprisingly thought provoking and rewarding the more you explored. I’ve only gotten 1 ending so I’m sure there’s even more to uncover.

Gameplay is pretty solid. It borrows a lot from classic survival horror games but with more modern controls and presentation. The puzzles were pretty great and required some extra thought compared to a lot of games today.

The third person sections were broken up by these first person segments that felt like it was straight out of an old PC FPS/point and click adventure game.

This game just really struck a chord with me and that feels very rare these days.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing NWN EE in coop for the past couple of weeks, currently the third chapter of the first expansion Shadows of Undrentide. The main game campaign was a kind of a slog (esp. storywise) but SoU is a lot of fun—with much more attention to detail and far more engaging character and quest design. One of my favorite RPGs ever.

1 Like

Ghost of Tsushima

I thought I read that it a simple action adventure game that would’ve taken 60 hours max. I did not realize it was open world with a crap ton of discovering to do -.- I like these types of games in general but I like to take my time and explore my surroundings. I did not have such a big and detailed game planned in my queue. I picked it up thinking I could finish it before Fire Emblem Engage and P3P comes along on Jan 20. After like 30 hours finishing act 1, I have been stuck on an island for the past 20 -.-

Gameplay wise, it is quite good. The main action reminded me of Sekiro but less chaotic and more cinematic, it really reminded me of older Japanese Samurai action scenes. The default control layout is what I had in mind when switching the controls in Sekiro, it shares so many things with that game with the ninja part. I got to admit, I missed my bow when playing Sekiro as a long time Dark Souls player. I love how it was implemented in GoT, very easy to whip out the bow with simple trigger press. The time slow down does feel like a bit of a cheat when swapping items especially once the ninja stuff becomes accessible but it is what it is as everything else is great.

The world is pretty good, lots of pretty places juxtaposed with the brutality of war. The main puzzle solving and platforming feels exactly the same as the tomb raider games, it is ok. I kinda wish there was a highlight mechanic during exploration, it is becoming a PITA having to be so close just to check an item out.

Playing in an OLED display, it is absolutely gorgeous. But the game can be too dark in some areas, I had to turn the brightness up just to read a sign and check for exploration clues a few times.

Lastly, the voiceovers are pretty good for main and mission specific characters. I am a little spoiled with RDR2 where specific regions can have different ways of speaking, I don’t really hear much here as I would have assumed two islands apart would sound different from one another such as Iki vs Tsushima. I am on English atm since I read that is how the dialogue were developed so I wanted to experience it first. I am going to have to replay in Japanese once my first run is over, oh god,

3 Likes

4 Likes

Right now I’m trying to go through Shin Megami Tensei 5 and it’s making me sooo nostalgic… Back in highschool, the SMT series was one of my huge favorites alongside stuff like Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill was a huge addiction for me too. I’m slowly trying to get back into gaming :sob: The Souls series was so fun too, I finished Elden Ring not too long ago…

There’s also Splatoon 3 which is just dumb braindead fun so that is neat.

4 Likes

Animal Crossing, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Stardew Valley and Sims 4. My holy four games <3

2 Likes

Atm enjoying jumping between games on the capcom fighting collection all ganes on there are epic. If you dont like fighters then maybe you wont dig so much. Haha. The whole Darkstalkers collection on one disc is not to be fucked with tbh as well as the extras.

1 Like

Haven’t read the rest of the thread, but I just beat FF12: The Zodiac Age the other day. Was one game from my teens that I got bored of and saw a chance to finally see what I was missing as an adult after buying my Switch. I only played through it as a “break” before I try to tackle Octopath Traveler’s final dungeon.

1 Like

Love this collection. Was really excited to see the Darkstalkers games getting some love. Used to play Darkstalkers 3 on my PS1 all the time back in the day

1 Like