What video games are you playing?

Well, imo, I don’t feel any difference haha. But the game isn’t THAT hard. Once you picked up the melee weapon, you keep it forever, so you don’t have to get it every time, same with getting the key for the first boss. Once you have those, you lost your money and regular keys if you die. I’m at that point. I just make a run for it to the boss in hoping of killing it. I was really surprised, because it’s very addicting, but frustrating if you get killed before reaching a certain checkpoint. It worths it. and I agree, in Demon’s Souls, I didn’t feel any difference with the triggers. The only game I really felt a difference, was Call of Duty : Cold War when you’re shooting. In Returnal, you feel it a bit when using a shotgun, but it’s not that much of a difference. The game is beautiful and the story is very interesting. Another thing I like is that it’s that you can put in Canadian French (I’m French from Canada, and my console is in Canadian French). I rarely see AAA title with that language haha. Yes, there’s some with french, but it’s from France. It’s pretty fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

just beat Megaman 1-6 on NES and that Game Gear version today… whewww, what a journey. without a walkthrough or you’ve never played them before, that’d be very difficult in fact but exploration is fun. I tend to take this journey once a year or two. basically beat every Megaman game on NES, SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Game Gear and that Sega Genesis remake, except X and Network series cuz I’m not really a fan of those.
I know many ppl love Megaman 2 or 3 the most, anyway, this is my ranking.
3>4>6>5>2>1
if I rank them based on the music, that’d be, 2>3>1>4>5>6.
why I don’t like 1 and 2? actually I’m super familar with the original two cuz I was grown up with them. yeah, those two are the only ones I’ve played a lot when I have my famiclone. but I don’t like the fact when you use up your weapon energy and realize that you have to use that weapon to beat certain boss. that’s lame and say “wow, that’s convenient” every time when there’s MEGA tank which will replenish your life and all your weapon’s energy introduced in Megaman 5. but after Megaman 3, I’m glad that problem never happened to me. also a big thumb-up to Megaman 6 cuz the functional weapon cancelled, replaced by jet and power mode which cost no energy at all, that makes sense.

1 Like

1 Like

I beat Megaman The Wily Wars on Mega Drive and the first two Gameboy Megaman games today, cost me about 3 hours…
I have to say, the music in the Mega Drive “port” is quite unique. the sound chip doesn’t fit the tune well in my opinion, but I could still accept the catchy melody as always since the original sounds are awesome apparently. the Wily Tower levels are great, especially for the first three Megaman fans, what a great combination of the assets from those games, only four or five weapons are useful though lol.
and some of the tracks from the first Gameboy game is for humming during the bath for sure haha. but the sequel is weird, sounds like 80’s European platformer, pretty bummer and unmemorable, even US Gold did a good job on music in the Game Gear game, what happened!? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’m thinking about buying Octopath Traveler or Bravely Default 2, any suggestions? I’m not sure if I should play BD2 without playing the 1st one though

Despite not playing 2, I’ve played the first game and know that the the second game is set in a completely different world/existence and has nothing to do with the first game despite the naming mechanics. Think of it like the Final Fantasy series where all the individually numbered games do not follow the narrative of the previous iterations.

Also, if you have Game Pass or an Xbox, Octopath is on there, so you can give it a shot without paying $50 for something you’re not sure about.

1 Like

thanks! I have PS4 and Switch

Trying out the demo for Tunic. It’s surprisingly pretty good. I did not expect it to have a darksouls element to it. When you die you go back to a checkpoint and have to progress more each time. Caught me off guard with the cute art style and chill music. The game is actually kicking my ass.

Ooh, this looks really cool! What system is this for?

This is for both the series x and xbox one. It’s also coming to steam, but the demo I think is just on the xbox systems for now?

I’m currently playing a PC game I bought back in 2019 called Katana ZERO.

“Katana ZERO is a stylish neo-noir, action-platformer featuring breakneck action and instant-death combat. Slash, dash, and manipulate time to unravel your past in a beautifully brutal acrobatic display.”

This story is Something else, it really makes you question whether half of the things going on are even happening or if Zero is just hallucinating. Disobeying your orders also leads to some interesting information about your past and who you are. This is definitely a game where the dialogue choices you pick influence how things play out later leading to a huge amount of outcomes and I love that. PLEASE try this game out.

3 Likes

I loved this game! It’s the type of game that’s addicting and albeit a little repetitive, but a good way. In a way where you’re like “I can do this next time.” There’s a secret boss, too, if you do certain dialogue choices, but I won’t spoil it for you. There’s also DLC coming out … eventually.

2 Likes

Oh im aware! I actually recently finished the game and unlocked all the blades and speed run mode. Im so hyped for the free dlc i cant stand it.

I know this is like weeks late, but thank for sharing your thoughts. I bought a copy and it just came today so I’m gonna dig into it tonight! Pretty excited :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

No problem! I was able to finish the first part and beat the first boss. Took me 8 hours haha ^^ They patched it so this part should be a little easier. Quick tip : when you get the melee weapon, use it on big ennemies, it drains their health away! For the boss, try to have a revive, a potion and be full health. After 3-4 times you’ll get used to his pattern. I tried doing the desert (second part) I just can’t haha.

I’m letting this game aside for now, I’m replaying Dark Souls 3, remastered and hop on Demon’s Souls for a third char and finally got the Dragon Sword (the big one) and maxed it out. I’m literally destroying things.

For returnal, play it alone, with no one around and concentrate A LOT. Have fun ^^

1 Like

I finished Yakuza 6 a week ago and so now I am going back to check out the other games (before playing the newest one). Currently on Yakuza 0.

I also am playing Destiny 2.

4 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, I played with the lights out and headphones and it was great. Really love the visuals and what they did with the dual sense controller. First thing I noticed is the simulation of rain droplets when you first wake up.

Speaking of souls games, I’m so used to being able to dodge roll and keep thinking I can do that in this game too. I kept dying at the first boss because I started to evade too early.

1 Like

I restarted dishonored recently, also plan to start alice madness returns soon.

2 Likes

Scarlet Nexus! Got an amazing poster with it!

5 hours in, not rushing it, taking it slowly, upgraded my char so I have 3 slots for equipment and more PK bar. Imo, I really enjoy it!

Yeah I know, I buy games all the time lmao.

3 Likes

Nice poster! I pre-ordered it through Bandai Namco directly and got a steel book, which is good since the regular game case it came in was smashed to pieces when it arrived. I’m about 2.5 hours in, but having a blast.

1 Like