What video games are you playing?

I was playing the Closed Beta of Tears of Themis and reeeeally enjoyed it, so while its final version doesn’t launch I decided to give Genshin Impact a try and I’m enjoying it so far. I haven’t played CCP in a week because of Genshin lol. I dropped Bandori as well, call me when english Boydori is released.

Nothing on PS4 as I need to move it to my room and I don’t wanna disturb anyone by playing it in the living room lol. Nothing on PC/NDS/PSP either as I need to reorganize my backlogs urgently. TT

If you played the demo you have free stuff! An equipment gear and some costmetic! go for that PK upgrade when you can and for more equipment slots :slight_smile: This game is reallly nice! But we already talked about it on Discord haha. But that steelcase must be nice! Mind sharing a picture if you want and have time? :slight_smile:

Currently, playing Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Still learning how to be good at it as I keep dying every 2 minutes lol. The gameplay is fun so far, but the difficulty is so challenging, and I heard that it can be even harder. I used to beat Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance in Revengeance mode with no damage the entire playthrough, but that doesn’t help lmao.

4 Likes

Sekiro is one of those games that are extremely fun to play once you’ve learned how to play them properly. I have completed it like 20 times already.
Keep at it and at some point you will feel like a god annihilating everything in your path.

1 Like

Ys: Memories of Celceta. Can’t believe I’ve bought PS Vita just to play this game. Welp, I need my Ys fix somehow (still need to play V and IX ones, tho).

Well the major difference with this game and the usual souls game, is that PARRYING is the most important thing in Sekiro. Imo, I beat Dark souls 1,2,3 without parrying AT ALL. It doesn’t matter. But in Sekiro, you have to parry ALL THE TIME! Heck, I’m used to these difficult games, but it took me 4 hours to beat the lady butterfly boss. Yeah, I’m that bad haha. but I got used to it, and beat all the bosses, except for the last boss that I rage quit. I sold the game to my friend, so yeah, I can’t try that boss again. I also had to look videos on the internet to learn how to beat some bosses. This one is very hard compared to other souls games, because of the mechanics.

But good luck man!

If you like these kind of games, I would recommend starting with Dark Souls 3, which I find, kinda more easy to get into.

EDIT : Sekiro Any% Speedrun in 19:55 (World Record) - YouTube

This guy can finish the game under 20 minutes. Can you?

1 Like

Sekiro is my favorite game of all time, no hyperbole. It took me a while until the combat style finally clicked, but once it did, I soaked up every bit of that game imaginable. I have the platinum trophy and everything.

It really does take a bit to get used to, though. One of the biggest tips I can give you is that you can dodge into enemies and that’s often more beneficial than trying to dodge away. There’s times where you think the way they’re animated that you would be hit. My bad habit was always trying to strafe when dodging, or dodge backwards, but with a lot of these characters, their swipes are so broad that being up close and personal is the best way to do it. It feels a lot like a dance, especially after fighting the same bosses multiple times. When I beat the final boss, I was legit shaking from excitement. It’s a crowning achievement for sure. I hope you find the same amount of joy and accomplishment in it.

3 Likes

The steel book is really nice, though not entirely unique. I’m just a HUGE sucker for steel books in general.

2 Likes

Solatorobo

And phantasy star online 2 new genesis

2 Likes

Wow! It’s so beautiful. Btw, I had the steel book of Sekiro before selling it to my friend, I bought the collector edition. I still have the figure, the money used in the game and the artbook + the music :slight_smile: the figure is actually really nice.

I also have the steel book for Persona 5 :slight_smile: The one for Yakuza like a dragon (ps4) and the one for Borderlands 3.

I really need to play Solatorobo one day.

1 Like

That’s insane! I don’t wanna get spoiled so I watched only the first 10 minutes. I’ll keep playing it and learn more about parrying.

1 Like

Yeah well, there’s like 3 endings in this game. He’s doing the first one. So check a walkthrough from time to time just not to end your game when you’re at a certain point. and there’s also an optional boss that you can skip if you don’t do the right things. And a boss you can cheese (see when he’s climbing the tower? well you do that, go on roof, and he will jump down and die haha. But there’s another boss at the end of the game, that you can repeat the same trick if you ever had difficulties there). Enjoy your time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I have that too, prominently displayed in my living room. The whole limited, pre-order bonus letter opener, plus the manga tie-in, the Figma and the massive guide/breakdown of the game. It is my favorite game of all time after all! Haha

1 Like

I recently finished alice madness returns. I feel like the mechanics and gameplay show their age, but the art direction is still incredible. I remember completing the first game on PC years ago and having a good time.

1 Like

I’m currently playing Dead by Daylight, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, sometimes a couple Mario games or The Sims 4 and a lot more~

1 Like

These beautiful babies just arrived today. They’re massive, so I’m not sure where I’ll be able to display them and I don’t think I’ll play them any time soon (Scarlet Nexus and getting re-employed have taken up a lot of my time) but I figured you all would appreciate the packaging and how they both line up.

5 Likes

There’s little overlap between video games and VK, but I played Nioh 2 a few months ago, and I tried to make VK-ish looking characters, and I think this one came out allright:

8 Likes

Playing Danganronpa 3 for the first time on Steam now. I’d watched playthroughs of the first two games and Ultra Despair Girls on YouTube, so I’d been following the story, but since the streamer I was watching didn’t like the third one and decided not to do a playthrough of it, and it was on sale for really cheap, I decided to give playing it myself a shot.

I’m done the first class trial now, but I don’t really find the characters in this one particularly likeable yet. Lol, based on the very limited interactions we’ve had so far, the robot might be my favourite?

I like that he’s completely useless in every single situation. :joy:

I’ve been playing the demo of 遊戯王ラッシュデュエル 最強バトルロイヤル!!. Really excited for the full game next month.