Which disbandment/hiatus hit you the hardest?

Doku. They were my favorite band and I’ve followed them around like a puppy since they started, so having them go is really taking its toll on me. More so because I feel their reason for disbanding is petty and unnecessary.

1 Like

I have to add doku as well now, I listen to their songs pretty much every day and have done so ever since finding them. It felt like Sin was improving as a vocalist with their most recent releases and I thought I remembered them saying their last single was supposed to signal a new start for the band or something so I was very excited for what was to come next but nothing ever did…

I feel like I should also add Insanity Injection but by the time I found them they had already released all the songs they were going to so nothing really changed other than there being confirmation that there would be no more music.

1 Like

A lot of the bands I listened to had disbanded before I started to listen to Vk, but Dadaroma’s disband was difficult to overcome.

7 Likes

I was actually trying to find this out, KEEL officially disbanded? All I’ve found is they’ve basically done or said nothing since the end of 2018.

As I mentioned, they went on hiatus.

I haven’t even seen that confirmed anywhere where did you find that out?

Charlotte. They were my favorite oshare band. RIP Kazuno.

5 Likes

The diagnosis, and subsequent death of Michiyuki Kawashima and the disbandment of Boom Boom Satellites hit me harder than any disbandment before or since.

3 Likes

Several made me sad, but the ones that felt like a punch in the gut were most definitely Janne da Arc, bis and xTRiPx

5 Likes

Janne Da Arc disbanding actually made me cry lol

2 Likes

Not really a disbandment or hiatus, but Sou leaving DEATHGAZE and becoming a familyman. One of the biggest loss amongst vocalists.

As a real disbandment, Shatter Silence. Yup, they were my fav.

On a korean side : MAD FRET and THE CRESCENTS.

I’ll never get over it.

1 Like

Saruin, GHOST, Grieva, Metis Gretel, Nega, AvelCain

5 Likes

Already wrote mine on here, but I feel like updating because of how much it really is taking a toll on me, but mine is definitely Doku.

It’s been 7 months since they disbanded and I still haven’t adjusted. I know bangya’ing hard is advised against for reasons specifically like this one, but I really haven’t been able to get over it. Too much of my life revolved around them for me to just let it go.

Like, I followed them since the very start, went to every show, bought every piece of merch, did ensei for them, did saizen for them, spent way too much money on their cheki (and I don’t even like cheki. I did it solely to keep money pumping into the band), and basically planned everything else about my life around their activities for it to just come to an end. Major first world problem I know, but my bangya life has felt lost ever since. I still follow other bands, but I can’t see myself ever being as devoted to another band again and I honestly miss it and how fun it all was.

Losing your Kami band sucks. Sorry for venting on here, but I just really needed to let it out.

2 Likes

My friend and I can’t get over them disbanding either even though we never saw them live or anything we loved their music the first time each of us heard it and was actually why we became friends because we were both new to vk at the time and needed to figure out how to get all of their music (as well as everything from Gore or Ogyaa) but they couldn’t ship to me at the time.

I think around the time of their last single they posted something saying it would be the start of a new doku so as time passed and there were no more releases we kept telling ourselves that surely they must be planning something but then one day I saw the text saying they would disband but just scrolled past it pretending I didn’t see it…

I really hope they come back sometime in the future, if the reason they broke up was because of covid then id like to think they’re just taking a break but it’s probably wishful thinking…

Girugamesh, because I had finally listened to their music after years of the Sakura-Con meme circulating and catching word of their reputation in the scene, fell pretty hard for their catalogue while kicking myself for waiting so long to check them out. A week later, they announced their disbandment. I shed some tears and kicked myself even harder.

And, I’m still sad about yasu’s step-back for his condition, particularly missing his work as Acid Black Cherry and with Jun-ji & co. I hope he’s doing well. Both of these hit me pretty hard.

Honorary mention to REIGN and IIII -Ligro- tho. Was really looking forward to their growth and that cancelled album.

3 Likes

A few of us had actually been worried something was up even before they went on hiatus. Sin had started acting strange on stage and it was easy to notice. Like, he used to have the most charismatic and playful stage personality you’d ever see and then he just kinda stopped and became distant (then he deleted all his photos on twitter and then just straight up deleted his Twitter all together). So when they announced they were going on hiatus “for Sin’s health” we all kinda just crossed our fingers he’d sort whatever was troubling him out and things would go back to normal when they returned.

I think we all kinda knew what was coming though when they did return and then 1: didn’t hold special oneman lives for their second birthday like they had done the previous year. And 2: didn’t participate in the Kansai rock summit that followed (even though they had originally been on the roster before the previous attempt got cancelled). We just really, really hoped we were wrong. Don’t even tell me about the day they made the announcement. I froze when I saw that shit. My heart sank because I literally saw the life I had been living crash in an instant (because again, super fan). They had a live two days after that for Halloween and I remember crying the entire way to Osaka. It was super awkward.

It pisses me off that they allegedly disbanded because of CoVid because they had put so much effort into the band (you don’t do something like 12 month consecutive single releases for a band you don’t believe in) and they were generally a well liked band only to call it quits like that. But I will say that if there’s one band that probably didn’t only use CoVid as an excuse for their disbandment it would’ve been them. They had the absolute worst luck with it out of any band I followed. I think they had the most shows cancelled even after lives resumed. Heck even when they came back from hiatus they had shows cancelled again because Osaka had implemented a new lockdown for live houses during a second wave (and they were the only prefecture to do so). Plus there was that whole thing where they were advised not to travel out of Kansai and I think that really took a toll on activities too because despite being a Kansai band, they actually had a bigger crowd in Tokyo (I’m in Tokyo myself, but I’d travel down to Kansai to see them). I really think they saw their growth come to a stalemate under these circumstances. It sucks because they could’ve just as easily gone on hiatus again, but I don’t think they wanted to do that. The whole situation sucked and it’s so hard to accept because they genuinely were such a good band and it didn’t feel like they wanted to disband either. I’m kinda hoping Sin and Hakuya come back together in a new band again like they did in the past, but I don’t know. The Kansai scene in general isn’t doing too hot right now.

Edit: holy shit i ranted way more than I intended. Sorry about that.

1 Like

Dragonwapppppper and Panic Channel(semi-active). I cried a lot. I cried a lot when vivi cried(Miyako).

rentrer en soi, d’espairs ray (glad i saw them during the north american tour), cocklobin, 9goats black out, black:list, meth., sugar, amber gris, deluhi, the trax (before they went pop lol), the underneath

1 Like

CLØWD, the chemistry seemed so great yet out of nowhere, BOOM. Goodbye concert.

Vrzel too.

1 Like

I’m still bummed about CLØWD. At least would be nice to see the band members in new projects but only Kou and Touma didn’t retire and except for some solo releases from Kou a while ago, they’re mostly doing sessions or stuff like that. : /

1 Like