Your last music-related buy

Love seeing more vinyl in this thread

Streets of Rage 1 soundtrack

4 Likes

Which version of Flood is this and how many kidneys is the exchange rate going for these days? Holy smokes that’s some smooth vinyl homie.

The Streets of Rage 1 vinyl is sick too!

1 Like

Yeah, I’m excited to be able to own these variants! The top one was an exclusive variant available on their N.Y.D. webshop while the bottom is a Third Man Records exclusive. The NYD one demands a lot of kidneys unfortunately on the after market.

1 Like

CD re-release

Ups: music related or not, got Madame edwarda’s cheki! Last Friday’s liveshow, aaah… it was soooo hot and I can’t wait the next live :weary::fire::heart:

5 Likes

from that last pizza hut event =P

8 Likes

UROBOROS vinyl baybay!

14 Likes

Niiiice! Would be curious to get your thoughts on the sound. This is honestly (mostly) my preferred mix of the album despite its issues. Remastered version eat your heart out.

1 Like

What are some of the issues?

Package finally came from MADAME EDWARDA, really excited to hear these rare songs, and finally got a hold of one of their shirts. The cds are a single from Zin’s solo stuff and the other is an album by Zeus Machina which has majority of MADAME EDWARDA in it and Yukino from AUTO-MOD which was formed after MADAME EDWARDA disbanded in ‘86. Their customer service and communication in English was superb.

4 Likes

The worst offender is heavy inner groove distortion. They crammed way too much on each side. There’s also some minor mixing-related differences where I prefer the digital version. Namely, I think there’s less bass. The album sounds a bit clearer but I think the hard sections hit with a bit less impact.

1 Like

Ordered one of these from the 13th Moon band camp and they sent it seamail so Hammer the drummer sent me this one via ems for free. This is essentially a dvd magazine of the current gothic/new wave scene in Japan.

5 Likes

This is what I brought home from the concert last night :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Three Ichiko Aoba albums in all their lossless and remastered glory 🫧

4 Likes

Bonus round: this came in today.

7 Likes

The last non Japanese cd I bought was Jean Paul GAULTIER’s remix cd…
Some vintage items✨

4 Likes

I T H E R E

Probably the only copies of these releases (well, almost certainly the DVD set - Kyoto single is more iffy) to make it out of Japan so far - I’ve only seen one more of the DVDs sell on marketplaces, and that one was limited to customers in Japan.

5 Likes

Nice. I’m waiting for the band to sell online, before i dive into mercari. You didn’t get the special DVD that comes with the DVD set?

I just didn’t know for sure if it was going to get a more accessible release through the bands online distribution - it probably will, but I wanted to be safe :sweat_smile:

I didn’t get the bonus DVD, no. I think the person I bought it from probably got two copies - in order to get both of the purchase privileges - and just sold the extra.

1 Like

Oops, I thought that special DVD comes with every purchase; upon rereading, you have to choose either the DVD or ticket to their release event so your hypothesis should be correct, heh.

That caligari x deadman DVD looks to be out of print and no intention to re-release it; bummer. I might be getting that 20th anniversary of Blue Film for that Ao acoustic number eventually, if it doesn’t pop up in ahem, less legal platforms.

Ugh, if the deadman x cali gari DVD ever appears again I’ll definitely try to grab it. One copy has been hanging out on Yahoo or Mercari for a while, but the seller is asking for 30k Yen