Visual Kei in other media

What anime

Liar Liar

1 Like

Does this count? Can’t make out who’s on the poster :laughing::thinking:

https://x.com/itakisyo_/status/1719557270722515191?s=46&t=5QD_rYXyoAUSHrnKb6oPSg

1 Like

Nothing to do with VK. It says right there in the description of the vid and in the comments it’s just some woman mad at hosts.

3 Likes

Sure but she is hitting a poster, who is on the poster, can you make it out?

Hosts, I said. Their names are in the poster, but who cares? It doesn’t even belong in this forum.

Anyway, not to miss a post with this bs, I’ve noticed there are 2 other topics in this forum that kind of meet the criteria of this one: Visual kei and anime & Anime/manga characters you think will suit vkei fashion/theme. Maybe merging those with this one would be a good idea.

Also, speaking of animes, I missed it last year, but メリー (MERRY)'s “夜明け前” (Yoake Mae) was a theme song of a soccer anime called “シュート! Goal to the Future”. You can see a pic of the anime’s protagonists in the CD cover:

1 Like

We have no intent currently of merging those topics. Those two topic both have their own purpose.

Also please, if you have suggestions like this, tag a staff member over it, or inform us in the DMs about it.

1 Like

Did you know that the old-school bands Λucifer and e.MU were created specifically to promote the anime Sensual Phrase/Kaikan Phrase (快感 フレーズ)?

It’s a series about VK specifically, told from the POV of a girl who falls in love with Λucifer’s vocalist and it chronicles the journey of the band from being nobodies to achieving mainstream sucess and not knowing how to deal with their fame. The series also touches some heavy themes such as the sacrifices artists have to make to achieve fame, rape, suicide, etc, so yeah, sounds like a must watch for VK fans.

Too bad this anime seems to have long been forgotten due to copyright issues regarding its OST preventing it from ever being broadcasted on TV again or being rereleased in any media other than VHS.

The anime lasted 44 episodes from 1999 to 2000 and it had an OST composed by Ken Morioka (Soft Ballet). GLAY, TRANSTIC NERVE, FEEL & CHISATO from PENICILLIN have also contributed to the OST:

The manga ran from 1997 through 2001 and it was also published in Spain, Latin America, France, Germany and Italy and sold over 10 million copies!

It also has 3 games:

快感フレーズ 堕天使降臨 (Kaikan Phrase: Datenshi Kourin) released for the PSX in 2000:

A Nintendo DS game from 2010 called 堕天使の甘い誘惑×快感フレーズ (Datenshi no Amai Yuuwaku x Kaikan Phrase):

and an app called 快感♥フレーズ CLIMAX (Sensual Phrase Climax: Next Generation) released in 2019:

In 2006, a live action film adaption was reportedly discussed, but the idea was rejected because the company felt the project would be too complicated(?). It was also done behind the creator’s back, so she rejected the project entirely.

5 Likes

Wow that’s awesome :star_struck:

Matenrou Opera wrote a song for the final episode of season 3 of the musical novel MAGATSU NOTE. Release date: December 6

3 Likes

Xaa-Xaa (ザアザア) will perform on November 16th at 7:05 am, Japan time, on a morning children’s television show called OhaSuta (おはスタ).

6 Likes

HYDE has been appointed “Austrian Tourism Ambassador” for a period of two years, from 1 January 2024 to 31 December 2025, with the aim of increasing japanese people’s interest in travelling to Austria. Ambassador Elisabeth Bertagnoli said he was chosen due to his “outstanding contribution to the music industry”.

Director of the embassy, ​​Nikol Kirchmeier, said “(it) is primarily due to his many years of experience in musical activity. He embodies the spirit of music and culture. I thought that as a tourism ambassador it would be ideal to deeply understand and spread the charm of Austrian culture. With HYDE’s support, we are confident that our work to broadly present Austrian cultural heritage will take us to new heights.”

HYDE’s never been there, tough, LOL, but he said “I am honored to be associated with Austria, where great musicians such as Mozart and Beethoven were raised. I especially like European cities, so I would like to walk around Vienna or Salzburg. I would like to drink wine and eat Knödel and Kaiserschmarrn."

4 Likes

Hyde please wear lederhosen

3 Likes

This was not on my 2023 bingo card. Takanashi Kiara in shambles

2 Likes

I am Austrian and I didn’t hear about this, like at all… no major news outlet covered this. I am not even sure if really anyone in that room had a clue who he even is, lmao.

This is such a weird pick to promote our country to Japan. True, we have a lot of Japanese people coming to Vienna to study classical music. But they are actually composers, not rock band oyaji-sans, lol. And they already come even without Hyde telling everyone how much he supposedly loves Mozart.

Just bizarre.

Also please no, don’t let him wear Lederhosen. Only “Gscherte” (Rednecks from the countryside) wear that stuff. If anything he should have tried to cosplay Falco (who actually had style).

2 Likes

Idol group Little Glee Monster covered X Japan’s “Kurenai” for the OST of the upcoming film “Let’s Go Karaoke! (Karaoke Iko!/カラオケ行こ!)”. The movie has nothing to do with visual kei itself, and it’s just about people singing, as the title suggests. You can hear part of the cover in the movie’s official trailer:

1 Like

About the aforementioned Xaa-Xaa (ザアザア) performance on OhaSuta (おはスタ), which was yesterday:

Both the network and the official account of the anime they did the OST for posted vids promoting their appearance here and here.

You can, allegedly, watch the whole show here. It ain’t working for me, tough. I’m assuming it’s region locked, so it would be nice if someone could could rip/upload it elsewhere.

6 Likes

And of course, a few people on Vkeitwt are losing their minds because one of the hosts of this show did blackface once.

“Guilt by association” shouldn’t really be a thing in this scene. Especially since a lot of these decisions are made above the members themselves. If you’re in show business, you’re going to have to work with problematic people.

3 Likes

Never thought I’d be watching an episode of OhaSuta, but here (performance is a bit past 14 min.) Yes, it’s geolocked.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for this!